PDA

View Full Version : Control Software 3.8.2 and output 4

Coogara
03-11-2013, 03:41 PM
I notice with the new control software that output 4 cannot be switched on and off with a simple Alt+4 or by clicking the "4" in the interface. It needs to be turned on with SO 4, 1. The other outputs work fine. Is this by design? Am I missing an easier step for desktop users to warmup?

Thanks

Graeme

adrianm
03-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Are you using the number 4 on the numeric keypad or on the top row of keys?

Coogara
03-11-2013, 04:12 PM
I've always used the numbers across the top and they've worked fine. Has that changed?

(Running out to check machine in workshop now :eek:)

Definitely only the top row of numerics work and those are the ones I've always used.

Graeme

Coogara
03-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Just to clarify, the About box says I'm using 3.8.2. The file version number is 3.8.0.2. I am not using the beta version - I am using the current release version.

Graeme

Brady Watson
03-11-2013, 07:02 PM
All ShopBots turn Output 4 on, any time the tool is in motion or has the potential for the tool to be in motion. It is completely normal. You may not have noticed it before.

-B

Coogara
03-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Hi Brady,

Yes, I've noticed that output 4 is turned on automatically when a part file is loaded and ready to cut.

To do a spindle warmup on the Desktop with the control software prior to 3.8.02, I would have to switch on both outputs 1 and 4 manually using the ALT key. The problem now is that the ALT key will toggle any output except 4. The only way to turn it on for a warmup is with the SO command.

I guess my question is whether this was the intended behaviour with the new control software?

Thanks

Graeme

Gary Campbell
03-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Graeme..
Yes, this is the new behavior for version 3.8.xx. Your warmup choices would be to use a spindle warmup routine, like the included "C5" or open the keypad (which toggles on OP4) then toggle on OP1 to activate the spindle.

Coogara
03-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Thanks, Gary. I didn't realize that popping up the keypad control would activate output 4. That's the trick I needed to know!

Cheers

Graeme