PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum HELP!?!?

lgibson
08-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Hello:
Currently we have a shopbot running and cutting but we have had troubles getting our vacuum system setup. Primarily due to us not understanding how to set it up. Can anybody send us instructions or a picture of how to set up the following type of Vacuum?

Make: Leeson
Model# N215K17FB1H

A picture of the completed system would be ultra wonderful. A few of the parts we are concerned with due to the fact we do not know which end is what.

Thanks for your time!

richards
08-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Lance,
Do you have more information? A Google search on N215K17FB1H gave no results.

Brady Watson
08-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Lance,
Leeson is probably the name of the motor that turns the vacuum pump/regenerative blower. Have a look at the vacuum compressor itself for a brand and part number.

-Brady

lgibson
08-23-2005, 03:58 PM
Hello again:
Thanks for the prompt replies. The ordering information for the vacuum that was purchased is a Cascade 7.5 HP 220V shopbot p/n 14706.

bill.young
08-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Lance,

Have you looked at the vacuum system installation pdf file in the Downloads section of the ShopBot web site?

vacuum overview (http://www.shopbottools.com/files/SBD140_040801Vacuum.pdf)

Bill

lgibson
08-23-2005, 04:19 PM
Yes I have the documentation for the vacuum overview but the vacuum in the pictures and the vacuum that was delivered are different. There are two main pieces, one is the vacuum itself and another piece that looks like a muffler / tank that I am not certain on which end is which or if it even makes a difference. The PVC pieces that came with the unit do not seam to match with the muffler / tank and I figure I have to create some type of interconnect.

carl_vallance
08-24-2005, 07:39 PM
Lance,
Here's what I did with mine. You will need some more fittings then what came with the kit. What you are calling a muffler is a filter. If you undo the clamps you will see the filter bag inside. Note also that I added some more rubber fittings then what came with the unit. This is so you can disassemble when you have to clean the filter bag. It does make a difference which way this goes on. The side with the valve and clamps needs to be on the table side for proper air flow. I don't remember now what fittings I had to buy, but you should be able to figure it out from the pictures. Note also that I cut a board to support the four pipes coming from the table at the valves. I put mine up on blocks because of occasional flooding problems in my shop. It can all sit on the ground if not for this. Hope all this helps you figure it out. If not let me know and I'll try to help further.

gene
08-24-2005, 08:48 PM
How much and where did you get your pump.?
I am looking for a reasonable SINGLE phase pump.
Any suggestions will be appreciated...Gene

carl_vallance
08-25-2005, 08:41 AM
The whole system came from ShopBot. Don't remember the exact price anymore. Contact them for an up to date price.