PDA

View Full Version : need help

woodman08
05-29-2013, 10:32 AM
we're setting up the desktop with an indexer and all works fine ,but when selecting the indexer post processor in aspire ,(shop bot indexer) aspire does not generate the x and z axis code,so only the indexer works but no x or z axis movement.
Can anyone tell me what i have not selected

Joe Porter
05-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Stan, did you do the "Wrapped Job Setup" routine in Aspire before you opened the particular job you are working on? I think the is in the Gadgets menu and is a little obscure. joe

woodman08
05-29-2013, 09:22 PM
yes did all that turns out the selection of shopbot indexer has no Gcode for x and z axis ,really strange
I could not get the shopbot indexer selection to work on the desktop ,both the aspire 3.0 and 4.0 trial copies would not generate proper code ,it just powered the indexer motor.

myxpykalix
05-30-2013, 01:44 AM
I think your problem is that you are using trial copies. I think it only generates cutting files for a few files in the program. I don't think the trial program comes with a indexer pp file, not sure...

Justin G
03-02-2015, 02:33 AM
we're setting up the desktop with an indexer and all works fine ,but when selecting the indexer post processor in aspire ,(shop bot indexer) aspire does not generate the x and z axis code,so only the indexer works but no x or z axis movement.
Can anyone tell me what i have not selected

Have you loaded the correct post processors from the sbparts folder? There are two pos processor files you have to copy into the aspire postp folder to be able to select the correct setup from the drop down.