PDA

View Full Version : Assembly and Maintenance

stodd55
04-11-2006, 06:33 PM
I just finished assembling my PRT. It doesn't do anything. The com port is working ok, but it can't find the machine.

richards
04-11-2006, 06:44 PM
We might need a little more information before we can help. What machine, PRT or PRTAlpha? What version of software? Have you verified that the COM port that you're using is the COM port that the software is trying to connect to? Have you set the baud rate, stop bit(s), handshaking, interrupts, etc. to match the software's setup?

I've never used a PRT, just the PRTAlpha. My USB-Serial port is COM 4. I'm working from a Linux computer right now so I can't open the Shopbot software to tell you how to check the settings. Hopefully, someone using the same type of machine that you have will be checking the forum.

gerald_d
04-11-2006, 11:28 PM
You have plugged the cable in, jiggled the connectors a bit to make sure they are secure, and you have switched the "machine" on?

Have tried plugging it into other places on your PC?

mikejohn
04-12-2006, 01:00 AM
Scott
"can't find the machine" ? It's the big blue thing taking up half your floor space

I had the same start up difficulties, which are discussed in this (http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/show.cgi?tpc=7&post=23267#POST23267) thread.

.........Mike