PDA

View Full Version : First carved seat

jTr
07-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Thanks to forum support for getting me over the 3D curve! So busy doing 2.5 over the last 18 months, I'm finally cutting my teeth in the 3D realm. Carved chair seats are a very big reason I bought the bot, so it is a great relief to finally convert one of my seat styles for digital production. This is a prototype, so it is done in pine. Dyed the seat with Brown Mahogany Trans-Tint to simulate an aged cherry tone.

jeff

kartracer63
07-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Great job Jeff! Looks very comfortable.

Joe Porter
07-19-2013, 09:46 AM
Great color and tone...are you sure that is pine? Really nice looking piece of wood...joe

myxpykalix
07-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Jeff,
I like the finish on it, it's too pretty to be used in a shop for sure:eek:
It looks awful sturdy too!

Ajcoholic
08-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Nice Seat! And the stool in general...

I have som many ideas for chairs and stools - but no time to bring them to life (except for the paying jobs - which keep me to busy as is).

Is this for a sample or for a customer, or you??

Are you hand turning the legs and stretchers?

AJC

scottp55
08-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Like the katty cornered right rear wedge, looks very comfortable and stable. Nice.

jTr
08-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback!

Andrew:
This prototype was for a prospective client. I've produced / sold a few stools with this seat design in the past, but much different leg system due to incorporation of swivels on those. First time for this traditional style - I did turn the legs and stretchers manually.
Like yourself, I've got many ambitions for product development, but difficult to find time. I consider that a healthy frustration, as it is a clear sign neither of us is tired of our occupation, right?!!:D

jeff