PDA

View Full Version : Does your wife sew.

genek
08-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Yesterday I was taking my wife to visit with her sister so they could have my wife a surprise birthday. We passed a new antique shop, a item caught my eye so I turned around and went to see what the items was. It turned out to be a quilt top stretched over a window panel. It was a sun catcher it was for sale for $100.00. I thought it was a stained glass window frame, I had been looking for something to hang in front of a window to block the sun at times.

This could be a good project for the drag knife to cut out pieces
of cloth with the shop bot, have your wife sew the shapes together, make a nice frame with the shop bot and attach the quilt top to the frame. THIS COULD BE GREAT FOR JUST A HOME PROJECT OR TO MAKE SEVERAL TO SALE AS SUN CATCHERS, THEY CAN BE MADE INTO DIFFERENT SIZES OR USED AS A FIRE PLACE SCREEN TO HIDE THE FIRE PLACE IN THE SUMMER. (NOT TO BE USED WHEN A FIRE IS THERE)
AS A PRIVACY SCREEN IN A ROOM ETC.

genek
08-04-2013, 03:42 PM
ANY TIME I POST ANYTHING ON THE FORUM AND YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR WOULD LIKE TO ASK QUESTIONS SEND ME A E-MAIL AT eking1953@tgdesigns.net

donek
08-04-2013, 09:13 PM
I spent some time testing the drag Knife creasing arm last week. I made about 10 boxes that were 13X4X65 and another 30 that were 7X1.75X9.25. Everything works great along with the upgrades to the box generation software. I believe all the necessary components to test it with an Olfa or Fiskars rotary cutter will be in by Wednesday. If everything goes well, I'll have a demo of the tool cutting fabric in a week.