PDA

View Full Version : Faux Stained Glass

genek
08-06-2013, 10:33 AM
This is a addition to my thread does your wife sew.

This idea is a great way to use your shop bot and your drag knife to create projects that your wife or girl friend could work on with you. It will demonstrate that you or your wife can cut out cloth quilt patterns to make quilts from or to sale the cut out pattern to people that sew.

The pictures are of the pattern that I plan on Hanging over a window that is in our high dormer to block the evening sun that comes through that window.

At a distance it looks like stained Glass, you can make a sun catcher, a divider, a fire place screen (not for use with fire) etc. The shape or size is only limited to your need...

You can make the frame with your shop bot and just attach the quilt top with glue or Staples or use an old frame like the one in the picture.

Kyle Stapleton
08-06-2013, 10:58 PM
How would you hold down the material?

genek
08-07-2013, 12:36 PM
The way I did this was i used pattern glue and glued it to a sheet of card board I cut out all the colors of each color then sewed them together... There may be other ways to do this check with Mark with Drag Knife/// I think you could do this with a vacuum table using a sheet of paper over top of the cloth NOT SURE SO TEST FIRST... I DO NOT HAVE A VACUUM TABLE.