PDA

View Full Version : toolpath help

tim_marchetti
08-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Can someone create a toolpath to carve the green highlighted bevels on this guitar body. I'm looking for an efficient toolpath that will follow the contours of the bevels using a ball nose bit.

jdervin
08-29-2013, 12:14 AM
I'm sure there's more than one answer, but after importing your 3D model into ArtCAM, I would draw closed vectors around the areas you want to carve, and then do a simple 3D machining toolpath using "selected vectors" and an offset strategy.

tim_marchetti
08-29-2013, 07:45 AM
Thanks John
I'm actually looking for someone to create a toolpath for me. I only have CUT3D and it can only raster in x or y. Which would be fine if I were only doing one, but I need a more efficient toolpath for runs of 20+
Please PM me if you would be willing to take a shot at this.

tomwillis
08-29-2013, 09:38 AM
Tim - I believe you might into copyright/liability issues with someone just supplying you toolpaths. You might have to invest in proper CAM software to create these, especially if you're running production for sale and not hobby.
my 2 cents - anyways - Tom

tim_marchetti
08-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Tim - I believe you might into copyright/liability issues with someone just supplying you toolpaths. You might have to invest in proper CAM software to create these, especially if you're running production for sale and not hobby.
my 2 cents - anyways - Tom
If I pay for the toolpath than there shouldn't be a problem. And if someone owns the software I believe they are free to do what ever they want.

Brady Watson
08-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Tim,
You do not need to worry about copyright issues, provided that you own the design of the body - or have permission from the owner of the design.

Check your PM.

Thanks!
-B