View Full Version : Table design

khalid
09-04-2013, 10:44 AM
In continuation to following thread on shopbot forum:
http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1098
Atlast i got time to run my machine after 2 year. Here is the output:

genek
09-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Big flaw in that work,,, send it to me to fix.. (problem not in my home) very nice thanks for posting... Very good detail..

curtiss
09-04-2013, 10:44 PM
I would suppose when all the holes are filled with beer cans it would be time for everyone to go home....

khalid
09-04-2013, 11:09 PM
Thank you for admiration.
@Gene: Please email address of your home.
@Curtiss : Nice idea ;)... The carving will be covered by a transparent glass.

This i suppose my last woodworking project. The carving i did a year back however the office work didn't permit me to complete this table. To complete it i deviated from the original design.
Thanks for nice words.

myxpykalix
09-05-2013, 01:18 AM
Khalid,
What do you mean, "your last woodworking project"? Are you giving up on us? :eek:

khalid
09-05-2013, 02:58 AM
Jack,
Yes it is very difficult descision. The God has great mercy over me and showering the blessing day and night. Rapid promotions in my job/carrier reflects the blessing.
I wish if i had enough time to convert my hobby in a business.

myxpykalix
09-05-2013, 07:52 AM
Well it's good that things are going well for you but i don't accept that you don't have time to make a few mouse clicks and keep in touch with us!:(

khalid
09-05-2013, 08:00 AM
You peoples are really great and its my honour to have a chat with you. Since last two years i am a silent viewer of this forum and enjoying all the great work and creative ideas posted by my mentors in this field.
I will definitly stay in touch with you.

mikeacg
09-05-2013, 08:26 AM
Khalid,

I was wondering where you were. Don't forget about us! I was gone for over 6 months due to a cross-country move and I really missed this place! I still want to talk to you about the embroidery stuff as I have a couple of machines that would be perfect for conversion...

Take care!

Mike

dana_swift
09-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Khalid- if you must give up wood work, then keep going on the wind turban!

You are an inspiration for all of your insights into simple solutions to complex problems. I certainly have enjoyed reading your posts, including all the ones that I did not reply to.

If you must take another path, then best wishes! The new employer probably does not appreciate what you are capable of.

Thank you.

D

khalid
09-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Hi Dana,
Thanks for kind comments and my regards to you. Literally all my hobbies are stand still including that wind turbine. I am seriously thinking myself to shift to Canada to enjoy the work and my life.
Regards

dana_swift
09-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Canada would be a much shorter walk from Oklahoma! Somebody put in a moat all the way around the continent tho.

There are some amazing things being done in Canada, I believe you would fit right in :) North America has a wonderful selection of woods to work with. Plus your electronics interests would probably help you find work while you are getting established.

I look forward to your successes - and inspiration! From wherever-

D