PDA

View Full Version : Seasons

genek
09-14-2013, 02:06 PM
IF YOU HAVE NOT MADE YOUR PUMPKINS AND WITCHES FOR HALLOWEEN YOU NEED TO DO THIS THIS WEEK, (IT IS TOO LATE TO HAVE THEM READY FOR SALE BUT YOU CAN HAVE THEM FOR DISPLAY) THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE A ROAD IN FRONT OF YOUR SHOP. YOU SHOULD HAVE A SIGN THAT SAYS FOR SALE. WITH THE SEASONAL ITEM HANGING DOWN BELOW (THANKSGIVING AND BELOW THAT TURKEY ETC.) . RIGHT NOW THE SIGN SHOULD READ THANKSGIVING. YOU SHOULD HAVE A TURKEY OR SOME ITEM FOR THANKSGIVING IN VIEW. CHANGE YOUR SIGN THE MONTH BEFORE, OR THE SEASON BEFORE. BY MAKING THESE YARD PRODUCTS YOU DECORATE YOUR OWN HOME OR SHOP, AND CUSTOMERS CAN SEE THEM. STAY A SEASON AHEAD. RIGHT NOW YOU SHOULD HAVE THANKSGIVING READY, AND YOU SHOULD BE CUTTING CHRISTMAS BULBS, SNOWMEN, SLEIGHS ETC. THEN IN NOVEMBER YOU SHOULD BE CUTTING FOR NEW YEARS AND AT NEW YEARS CUTTING FOR SPRING AND EASTER. THEN IN SPRING CUT FOR THE 4TH OF JULY THEN IN JULY CUT FOR THE FALL AND HALLOWEEN. ANY LEFT OVER PRODUCTS ARE TO BE BAGGED AND STORED FOR NEXT YEAR.

WHEN YOU HAVE THIS GOING YOU WILL GRADUALLY PICK UP MORE CUSTOMERS. YOU ARE ALLOWING YOU PRODUCT TO DO THE SALES FOR YOU.

ALSO IF YOU ARE NOT A GOOD PAINTER, HAVE THE BOT TO CUT SMALL V CARVED LINES TO SEPARATE THE COLORS. THIS WAY YOU CAN PAINT JUST THAT COLOR IN THAT AREA THEN USE A SMALL POINTED BRUSH AND PAINT IN THE LINE WITH A DIFFERENT COLOR LIKE BLACK OR WHAT EVER TO SET THE COLORS APART AND TO COVER UP MISTAKES. BASICALLY PAINT BY NUMBER THIS WAY.

FOR A SET OF LARGE MANGER SCENES I GET $,3,000.00 DOLLARS I HAVE CHURCHES THAT SEE MY SCENE AND ORDER FOR NEXT YEAR. THE ORDERS I GET NORMALLY USE UP MOST OF JAN AND FEB TO CUT. THEN AS I CAN I PAINT THEM.

THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE THE LARGE FORMAT PRINTERS FOR SIGNS COULD CUT THE SHAPES THEN AT THE VINYL PRINT OVER THE CUT OUT.
YOU CAN BUY THESE PATTERNS FROM THIS SITE www.thewinfieldcollection.com (http://www.thewinfieldcollection.com)

TAKE THE PAPER PATTER TO A COPY CENTER THAT HAS A LARGE FORMAT COPING MACHINES HAVE THEM TO SCAN IT ONTO A THUMB DRIVE, BRING IT BACK AND IMPORT IT IN SO THAT YOU CAN TRACE THE LINES.
(BE SURE TO TELL THE COPY COMPANY IT IS FOR YOUR USE ONLY.)

(YOU CAN NOT SALE THESE PATTERNS OR GIVE THEM AWAY. THEY ARE FOR YOUR USE ONLY.)

donclifton
09-14-2013, 10:40 PM
You must have a real slow router Halloween is still a month and a half away.
Don

gc3
09-14-2013, 11:08 PM
Eugene,

If you need a new keyboard due to your "CapsLock" not working, please let me know...may take a couple weeks to get to you from Mexico.

genek
09-15-2013, 09:37 AM
No I do not have a slow router. You can not put items out for sale the month of the seasons. You need to have them out in advance of the the seasons to be successful. No my caps is not locked I prefer to type that way.

mark_stief
09-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Always wondered about that must like yelling at all of us:rolleyes:

MogulTx
09-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Yeah Yeah. You guys are funny.

He is trying to offer tips to others that may not have readily occurred to them. His method of business may be more commercial vs artistic- but it is also "low hanging fruit" that some new botters ( and old botters) may be able to take advantage of.

Let's not be too quick to start being snippy with some guy who is putting small segments of his success out in front of others so they can potentially benefit from it...

genek
09-15-2013, 07:58 PM
I type in my files with the cap lock on to make my notes easier to read on the patterns that I am designing. 90% of the time that I post I do so when I am taking a break from my designs. I post suggestions and patterns on here to help others be more successful. The rule about caps is something someone made up so that they could say that they were yelling at someone. My post are not directed at anyone, nor am I actually yelling. THE USE OF CAPS IS ALSO A WAY TO EMPHASIZING THE IMPORTANCE OF SOMETHING.

mark_stief
09-15-2013, 09:55 PM
Not trying to be snippy just asking:D

Cat Man
09-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Keep up the good work Eugene. I check the forum twice a day and will be calling you after the middle of oct for some advice on which shopbot would be right for me. I have spent the last two and a half weeks getting ready for our first show,all of our products are halloween decorations.My pin router was a good upgrade but it is time to take it to the next level.Would love to work into a day job so I could get off nights after 38 years. Have been praying for your wife. Hope everything turns out alright for her. DWAYNE

genek
09-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Not trying to be snippy just asking:D
did not think you were

genek
09-15-2013, 10:39 PM
What all did you design for Halloween also do you have any for Thanksgiving and Christmas. When is your show. You said this was your first show.
are you set up to take credit cards, if not get square just go to www.square.com no charge for having it just 2.5% when you take a card.

best way to go.
I will always post hints etc.

genek
09-15-2013, 11:01 PM
I do not get mad over comments this is a site to learn, to make friends and to have fun. we all joke around from time to time. to me no harm was done. thanks everyone.

scottp55
09-16-2013, 08:13 AM
I'm glad other people jumped in as I kicked myself last night for not doing so. Eugene is always trying to help and a lot of times we never see half of it as it's e-mail or PM. If I hadn't lived 1,000 miles away I might have taken him up on his offer to help a newbie set up a brand new Desktop. Sorry Eugene, keep up the sharing. Scott

genek
09-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Friends I am a big boy. what was said did not hurt my feelings at all.
We all bust each others chops from time to time. We mostly do this in fun.. That's just part of being FRIENDS And Posting things on hear. They Had legitimate complaints and questions. I addressed them as I felt was needed. I do appreciate those that jumped in and thanks to everyone. What was said will not stop me from posting.. lol Lets all Learn and have fun...

gc3
09-16-2013, 08:10 PM
thank you Eugene!

mick40
09-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Eugene, appreciate you taking the time to share. The internet sometimes can be a cold place. You just made it a little better!

Mick