PDA

View Full Version : First Project off the Bot..Father/Daughter Project

mrgadget
09-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Think I'm just as excited about this project as my daughter is!! Bought a 2' x 4' piece of 1/4" Sandeply from Home Depot because it was the lightest thing they had. Has to be able to be transported on bus to and from school. Found a vector file she liked and stripped all the gradients and fills from the image and got it down to just the shapes. Separated and closed the vectors, added the slots and feet so it would stand by itself. Cut it, painted it, and glued it all together. Priceless time and memories made together with my princess....all made possible by my Shopbot machine!!!!!

steve_g
09-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Neat! I have the most fun making things with and for my grand kids.

SG

JoeinWestMich
09-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Sweet. Great job.

genek
09-26-2013, 11:49 PM
very nice and neat.. Now make several dozens for her to sale or give as gifts.

myxpykalix
09-27-2013, 06:54 AM
I've made some fancy table legs and other things i'm proud of but nothing as much fun as the simple things you make with the grandkids:eek:

chiloquinruss
09-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Let's see with the grand kids and great grand kids we've done tractors, airplanes, numerous doll houses (with furniture), tow trucks, cranes, and even squeeked in a couple of trains! :D Such fun with the kids and the best part THEY DO THE SANDING AND PAINTING! :rolleyes: Love the penquin, nice job, and as the others have said, very neat. Russ

mrgadget
09-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Thanks guys! We had a blast! Now to find something else to cut... Hmmm.... Got a looooong list around here somewhere :) Even though this is something that is literally child's play for most of you guys, it is helping me get over the learning curve and get familiar with my machine. Guess I better find something to make for the better half now!!

scottp55
09-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Sounds like a win/win. But won't it get lonely all by itself:D

mrgadget
09-28-2013, 11:05 AM
:D Ha! Maybe! :D