PDA

View Full Version : Guy with "new" BT32 and questions

Tom Bachman
10-17-2013, 10:39 PM
First off "Thank you" for all of your responses in advance.

Just bought a "new" BT32. The machine was new in 2009, so, I believe that it has 2.0xx of Partworks. I've figured many things out already, but have a few questions that I haven't been able to figure out.

#1 Is there a way to make multiple selections? I have tried to link things together, but need to select multiple entities.

#2 I tried to "bend" some text around an arc. Again in similar problem to #1 I can select the text or the arc, but it won't let me select both, so the "apply" button never activates.

#3 I tried importing a DXF file from my CAD program, there were some discrepencies in the file.....OK I can deal with that, IF I could "break apart" the entities into smaller groups.

I have a lot to learn with this software package, but for simple things, I've got it figured out for the most part. By the way, I got the machine set up Friday morning about 10am and before 2pm we had already successfully run our first project, so for easy things we have it pretty much down.

Thank you again for your helpful responses.

curtiss
10-17-2013, 10:59 PM
multiple selections / hold the shift key down and pick linework

or right clic select all vectors, and then hold control key down and de-select what you don't want

DXFs / they tend to add a lot of nodes or "grips" when imported.

Have you Cad linework near the 0,0 point so it will open up in Vectric near the 0,0 point.

adrianm
10-18-2013, 03:55 AM
Go to http://support.vectric.com and watch some of the tutorial videos and read the FAQ's.

VCarve is the same program as Partworks. You're on an older version but you'll find that the basics are still the same.

Might be worth contacting ShopBot to see how much an upgrade to the latest version would be.

Tom Bachman
10-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Thank you guys for responding. "Shift"......I tried control and alt, but didn't think to try shift.

I have contacted them and it will cost me $200, which I have a PO for. $50 to transfer ownership and $150 for the upgraded software.

Red F
10-18-2013, 10:52 PM
Make sure to check this thread out.

http://talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14545

I did something similar to mine and it works great

Tom Bachman
10-21-2013, 12:15 PM
That's a neat table setup. I need to make a new table for this machine, it's barely the size of the listed working size (24 x 32). I want to make a table that is large enough to support the stock and install some positioning layout pins. That hold-down method with the T-slots would make clamping things down a breeze.

Do you think 2 layers of 1/2" MDF would work there? First layer with aluminum t-slots mounted to it in grid fashion and then cut out squares to fit in between the grids for the finished surface? Or maybe a 3/4" base and 1/2" grids would be better?