PDA

View Full Version : stepped nightstand

steve_g
11-13-2013, 03:55 PM
My customer Likes my solution to her small dogs problem... The small Miki can’t get out of bed by herself. The customer likes it well enough that she wants two, a RH and a LH unit... Oh, and for future configurations lets make them reversible and stackable... and add drawers.
I was Ok until the drawers. The design will require that the drawers be able to function when the unit is configured for LH or RH use. Can anyone suggest hardware that might let the drawer be installed front side or back side or upside down?

SG

jerry_stanek
11-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Put oak runners in the center of each drawer.

srwtlc
11-13-2013, 05:41 PM
Many of the ball bearing full or 3/4 extension slides that mount to the side of the drawer are non-handed. Make a groove in the center of the drawer side to line up the drawer member and then do something to allow the case member to be aligned in the middle of each opening and allow them to be reversed. I've used pilaster pins for adjustable roll-outs that worked well. They were small black pins at 0.25" diameter that you would screw onto the drawer slide and then those would slip into a row of holes in the case side. Been a long time since I got any and can't remember where at the moment.

steve_g
11-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Well… I checked out the “two-way” track and got scared off by the price! I have figured out how to use runners as suggested by Jerry and will likely go that route.

SG