PDA

View Full Version : A gift

genek
12-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Here is a gift from TG Designs. Tina and I would like to give our friends on shop bot forum a gift.

It is getting close to the time we all take down our Christmas lights and decorations. Each year when I go to put up the lights I have to untangle the lights and the garland. Well This is my last year to have to untangle them.

The reels are designed to let you roll up the lights and Garland, then put them in a 5 gallon plastic paint can then you can put the lid on them and store.

what you will need is some 3/8 dowel rods, and a sheet of 3/8 or 5/8
plywood ...

cut the pattern out, cut the dowel rods to 3" lenghts and glue in the holes.

the center hole can be used to un-spool or to spool the lights up with...

you can make a small stand to hold the reel while you un spool or spool up the lights..

here is the dxf file which has a stand to use.

Make a set for your mother and father and your in-law as well .

curtiss
12-28-2013, 10:29 PM
I just roll each strand around my hand into a ball / with the plug end exposed. That way I can plug them in next year and see they don't work and throw them away.

Can someone explain how I can have a strand with 110 volts at the far end with ...none.... of the lights in between working ?

Is it a light bulb driver problem ???

scottp55
12-29-2013, 06:43 AM
Thanks Eugene.:)

dmidkiff
12-29-2013, 07:16 AM
Thanks Eugene

MogulTx
12-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Thanks Eugene. I should have time to make a few reels before we take our tree down on the 6th, and that will give me a great way to store them. Very thoughtful of you!

Merry Christmas.

Monty

David Iannone
12-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Thanks Eugene

genek
12-29-2013, 07:47 PM
I just roll each strand around my hand into a ball / with the plug end exposed. That way I can plug them in next year and see they don't work and throw them away.

Can someone explain how I can have a strand with 110 volts at the far end with ...none.... of the lights in between working ?

Is it a light bulb driver problem ???
one bad bulb or lose or missing bulb can cause this... some lights need all bulbs to work or none will. especially if they are a two wire system.

genek
12-29-2013, 07:52 PM
Everyone is welcome.... I just know how much time is wasted putting up light trying to un tangle them and checking the lights out... if you roll the lights up and leave the plug on top easy to plug and un-roll... to fasten the cord use a large rubber band make a loop over the plug side so when you get them rolled up all you have to do is stretch the rubber band out around the reel...

Enjoy, hope everyone has a great new year. I wish everyone a very successful 2014...

Thanks to all of our customers and many wishes for your success. remember you can call and pick my brains. that goes for all not just our customers.