PDA

View Full Version : Syyrene Backed Fabric Inlays

CNYDWW
01-26-2014, 11:05 AM
Hey guys,

I've been playing with a Donek Tools drag knife at work. Mostly it's been cutting styrene and other shade materials. Friday i had some time to play with some styrene backed fabric and do some inlays. I'm hoping I can convince the boss to let me design a cylindrical flush mount with some intricate inlays for an upcoming trade show.

Regards
Randy

Bob Eustace
01-26-2014, 04:24 PM
Randy, now if you combined this with the Handibot the mind boggles at the sort of foyers one could design for hotels???

donek
01-26-2014, 06:23 PM
Hey guys,

I've been playing with a Donek Tools drag knife at work. Mostly it's been cutting styrene and other shade materials. Friday i had some time to play with some styrene backed fabric and do some inlays. I'm hoping I can convince the boss to let me design a cylindrical flush mount with some intricate inlays for an upcoming trade show.

Regards
Randy

Looks like you got it down. Please post photos when it's done. Let me know if you have any questions.

donek
01-26-2014, 06:24 PM
Randy, now if you combined this with the Handibot the mind boggles at the sort of foyers one could design for hotels???

Does the gadget support tiling?

CNYDWW
01-27-2014, 06:56 AM
Looks like you got it down. Please post photos when it's done. Let me know if you have any questions.

Actually, this is my first attempt at inlay work with a drag knife. I've been doing vcarve inlays in wood for a few years and i'm going to be trying that technique in 1/8" acrylic soon. This success is due to the gadget included with vcarve pro (which i convinced them to purchase at work). I'll be sure to get a hold of you if I have any other questions.

Regards
Randy

CNYDWW
02-09-2014, 03:58 AM
Update.

The inlay project is a go. I post pics when it's done.