PDA

View Full Version : Shipping/Setup Question: Table

BrandanS
03-27-2014, 08:17 AM
Good Morning Shopbotters,

The company for which I work have ordered a Full-Size PRSalpha 96x48 (#10159) ShopBot which is expected to arrive next week. My question is this. I have seen many photos wherein ShopBotters have mounted their own spoilboard etc. What does the ShopBot come with in terms of the table. The purchaser is expecting that the ShopBot comes with an aluminum plate which sits on top of the table frame. Is this true? What does the ShopBot come with in terms of working platform? Or is it just the frame which is supplied and I need to go out and get a table surface?

Thanks in advance,

Brandan

pkirby
03-27-2014, 08:58 AM
Brandan,
Your ShopBot will not come with a working platform. Check out the documents on this link and it will give you a good idea of what to expect. http://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBotDocs/gantry.htm
And welcome to the ShopBot world :)

myxpykalix
03-27-2014, 09:03 AM
You get the metal frame for the table and you need to mount a piece of plywood then a piece of mdf for your spoilboard. I mounted a piece of plywood that i had cut a plenum in for a vacumn table then put a piece of mdf over top of that for my spoilboard.

BrandanS
03-27-2014, 09:22 AM
Thanks very much!