PDA

View Full Version : Proximity switch stopped working

ChrisK
03-30-2014, 09:25 PM
I'm running a PRS Std with spindle, z-zero plate, and indexer - about 2yo.

My x proximity switch isn't working - stays dark whether on or off the limit/nuts. I checked the wiring connections - all still tight and match up with instruction manual.

Today, I just updated SB3 soft/firmware. I'm not certain the two issues are related. (I've investigated/ researched for a little over an hour without success, so here I am.) Hoping I only altered a setting by mistake, can someone point me to the screen shot or link showing the right prox switch settings? Thank you. Chris (And, thanks for this forum as well. I'd be even more lost without your help.)

ChrisK
03-30-2014, 11:48 PM
The Y proximity switch (#2) now has lit LED and lit indicator (#2) in the Position window (screen shot attached), with message instructing to move away from stop. The Y position is about a foot away.

srwtlc
03-31-2014, 09:49 AM
Is the actual prox switch itself on the machine lit when off the target bolt?

Did this just start after installing the latest version?

On the fill in sheet for VN, #2 and #3 should be set to Nrm Closed Limit.

ChrisK
04-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Sorry for my slow response - I missed e-mail alert. I removed and inspected the switch - which I should've checked before starting a thread. Looks like I've been driving the switch into the nut. Photo attached. I think a replacement prox switch will solve the problem. Thanks for helping - I'd be lost without the forum experts (and questions from less experienced folks like me).