PDA

View Full Version : Spectratech Color MDF

oscarg1971
11-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Anybody near the Houston, TX area. There is a place called, Professional Distribution Center - (281) 561-9982, that sells that Spectratech Color MDF. I spoke with them today and they currently only have Black @ $88 for a 4X8' 3/4" sheet. Said they will be getting other colors in the nexr few weeks. -Oscar

burchbot
10-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi all
I found a place that sells Spectratech Color MDF in Milwaukee. The company is Alpine plywood but that is still 250 miles from me. I live in central Upper Michigan Does anybody know of a place closer to the Wisconsin, Michigan line that sells color MDF
Thanks Dan

larry_r
10-25-2007, 10:07 PM
I would contact them direct for their nearest dealer http://www.greatlakesmdf.com/

n9nun
10-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Dan,

If you call Amerhart in Green Bay they carry the colored MDF.

Mike

burchbot
10-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Thanks Mike
I could handle a trip to Green Bay.
Hi Larry
I have tried your suggestion also had my lumber dealer and a custom cabinet maker looking for me. No response from Great Lakes at all.
Dan

donchapman
10-26-2007, 11:02 AM
I have a flyer from McKillican (www.mckillican.com (http://www.mckillican.com)) advertising Spectratec color mdf that says they are the exclusive distributor for Spectratech in their markets which include Austin, Boise, Dallas, Hayward, Honolulu, Houston, Las Vegas, Portland, Reno, Sacramento (my daughter use to call it sack of men's toes), Salt Lake, Seattle, Spokane, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, Vancouver, Victoria, and Winnipeg.
They will send you a box of color mdf samples.

donchapman
10-26-2007, 11:44 AM
I just went to the McKillican website I gave you above (from McKillican's flyer) and couldn't find any reference anywhere to Spectratech Color MDF, and I don't remember how I got someone to send me some samples a few months ago. Maybe it was through the Great Lakes MDF website.

You may get a box of color mdf samples but actually buying some at a reasonable price in limited quantity is impossible in Austin where the local McKillican doesn't carry it and said I'd have to buy a unit (35 or 40 sheets at about $80/sheet) and pay shipping.

The McKillican sales rep said "there's just not enough demand for it down here" and my reply is: of course there's no demand when there is no supply.