PDA

View Full Version : Marketing - Getting your product out there

matt_r
09-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Greetings!
A small project I did this week got me thinking. My SB business is part time, and I still don't have a 'set' niche yet, I do a little bit of everything - whatever pays I guess. BUT, I really do enjoy the sign end of it. I did this sign this week for an alumni group for my alma mater, the University of Utah.

These guys put together a pirate ship (which makes no sense in landlocked Utah - but hey, we do have the Great Salt Lake!) for a tailgating trailer, and I volunteered to make the signs to support the cause. The way I see it, it was a fun project to do, and only cost me a little time and some paint and some MDF. The payoff is that the trailer is gaining a lot of attention around here(it made the sports news last night - in prep for our opener w/ Arizona tomorrow), and should be front and center at many sporting events. The guys that built the ship/trailer know to promote me/my business if any asks "where did you get that cool sign!". Now, who knows whether this will actually lead to any future business for me, but its certainly worth the try.

I would be curious to hear any of your stories of 'non-traditional' marketing methods, especially if you are a small shop or part time.

BTW - I LOVE my shopbot. Just doing stuff like this, and getting the ooohs and ahhs from people make this a lot of fun.

Regards,

Matt
www.digitalrouterworks.com (http://www.digitalrouterworks.com)

P.S. If you want an explanation of the ships name, drop me an e-mail.

rookie432
09-02-2005, 08:38 AM
Matt,

Very nice work on the Kessler's Garage sign.

The machine strategy really Pops!

Bill

paco
09-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Hi Matt!

I think it's a VERY nice way to promote your buisness.

Keep up the good work!

richards
09-02-2005, 10:14 AM
Matt,
Great work! (But shouldn't the color be true-BYU-blue?)