PDA

View Full Version : Wireless stop switch

dauntless
07-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Is there such a thing? I have to multitask in my shop and am anywhere from 10' to 50' from my Shopbot while it works, and could really use a wireless stop switch. I searched the company website, but don't see anything there. Thanks in advance! Stan

Brady Watson
07-10-2014, 01:10 PM
You could make one with 2 Arduinos and bluetooth modules or try a Logitech wireless mouse. They go pretty far & a left-click will stop the tool.

Wireless & E-stop don't really go hand in hand because of ultimate safety should you be in an electrically noisy shop - it could fail. This is probably why you don't see them. Another option might be an app for your phone.

-B

dauntless
07-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Thanks Brady...I was hoping there was a commercially available solution, but I'll check out the phone option now that I have a smartphone.

Burkhardt
07-18-2014, 11:41 PM
Aftermarket garage door opener remote? (http://www.eachbuyer.com/315mhz-gate-garage-door-opener-remote-control-transmitter-p13844.html?currency=USD&utm_source=google&utm_medium=CSE&utm_content=[Security+System]&utm_campaign=[PLA]America%28EN%29&gclid=CK3uq_650L8CFRJk7AodWAIAeg)

I have no idea how reliable they are and how far they go. But it is dirt cheap and may be worth a try.
You can wire the relays to the emergency stop switch.

Bob Eustace
07-19-2014, 06:16 PM
Would this controller on your iPhone help you Stan? Invented by a fellow Shopboter a couple of years back. You do need to modify the control computer slightly.