PDA

View Full Version : Depth of Cut 3D Model

pappybaynes
07-20-2014, 09:53 AM
I am having difficulty figuring out how to limit the depth of cut on a rope border on a 5" coaster - the cut wants to go completely through the piece - I will be using a 3/8" piece of wood. Not able to upload a crv3d

genek
07-20-2014, 10:10 AM
I am having difficulty figuring out how to limit the depth of cut on a rope border on a 5" coaster - the cut wants to go completely through the piece - I will be using a 3/8" piece of wood. Not able to upload a crv3d

contact Brady he is real good at explaining what you want to do. It has something to do with the set up and I am not in the shop to see what I do.

scottp55
07-20-2014, 10:34 AM
Hey Dick, Try Vectric forum? You can post the file and a lot of people are on now. Good luck.

andyb
07-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Dick,
The depth of cut for a model is determine by the thickness of your model and placement in the material. Select the rope model, go to the Modeling tab then properties for the model. Change the Shape Height setting to the depth that you want the model. In Toolpaths click on Set under the Material Setup and place the Model in the Model Position In Material section. I always set it just under the top surface by about .005-.01.

Hope this helps.

Andy B.

pappybaynes
07-20-2014, 01:04 PM
Worked Great!!! Thank you Andy!!

Dick,
The depth of cut for a model is determine by the thickness of your model and placement in the material. Select the rope model, go to the Modeling tab then properties for the model. Change the Shape Height setting to the depth that you want the model. In Toolpaths click on Set under the Material Setup and place the Model in the Model Position In Material section. I always set it just under the top surface by about .005-.01.

Hope this helps.

Andy B.