PDA

View Full Version : Some 3D modelling

khalid
09-13-2014, 11:06 AM
Nothing to share wood working pictures as i am busy in the forthcoming turnaround of my Plant in 2015 1st Qtr. Been busy in 3D modelling work for catalyst tubes replacement of Primary Reformer. These shall be utilized in presentation and job package.. I hope someone working in petrochemical industries must be familiar...

myxpykalix
09-13-2014, 09:42 PM
Well at least you're keeping your 3d skills working....now get back to work!:D

scottp55
09-14-2014, 12:39 AM
Very Nice, Khalid, But hope somebody who Knows your Field can comment on particulars or presentation for the Venture people.
Thinking to an American eye --colors to highlight critical areas might be slightly different. After having a Sun Edison Indian employee live with my Mom for 8 weeks- Things are done slightly different here. Everything from showering to wastebaskets(dust-bins).
Shoot for YOUR audience.

scottp55
09-14-2014, 01:41 AM
Sorry Khalid, I think that came across as condescending, but it was 100% NOT.
Just found it was interesting that "Smitta"(from Bangalore) found our "High End " towns to have "BORING" signs and she must have gone to "OOB-Old Orchard Beach" half a dozen times, because the sign colors and the crowds made her feel at home. E. and M. Engineer brought over for a Solar project,
in that drawing you showed, which components were yours and you were trying to Push?

mikeacg
09-16-2014, 08:23 AM
Khalid,

Good to know you are still out there working your magic!

Mike :)

khalid
09-28-2014, 03:09 AM
Actually the Green color is Thermochromic paint system. This paint is painted on Refractory lined vessels and if the refractory fail the paint changes its color . This gives enough time to safely shutdown the plant without damaging the costly equipment. We normally use steam spargers to control the temperature at the surface of the equipment. The hot spot is attended in Plant Turnaround..