PDA

View Full Version : Ranch Signs

t_vandemark
10-01-2014, 09:28 AM
My wife came accross a local project that needed donations for a ranch that was getting built for abused children. The ranch is named "Little Warriors, Be Brave Ranch". It is the first of its kind in Alberta and just opened its doors last Saturday. Everything at the ranch has been privatly donated, paid for and build, without any government funding. They needed signs for every building. room and space at the ranch with the person/company name that donated to make that space possible. So my wife took on this project while doing house renovations and me being out of town most of the time since May. This is probably only about half the signs that are required for the ranch. We will continue to make them as required. The Maple was donated by Windsor Plywood in Edmontons west end and we had family and friends donate to supply the cedar for the outdoor signs. This has been a very rewarding project for my wife and i. I am very proud of her for taking this on mostly by herself.

t_vandemark
10-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Here are the rest of the signs that have been made so far.

phil_o
10-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Wonderful and generous work Tyler.

:) Phil

POPS 64
10-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Excellent work Tyler , you and your wife should be proud of yourself's . It would be nice if more people made the effort when the chance is presented . :D Jeff

myxpykalix
10-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Tyler,
Part of the feelings you get when doing charity work, especially something that is a big job is the thought of "why did i take on this big of a job for free?" (especially when you're exhausted) but then the rewards make it worth the efforts like in this picture, so keep it up it is excellent work.

t_vandemark
10-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Jack, that is a great picture. If i remember correctly that look of pure happiness was from a wonderful princess bed. I'm not even going to pretend to take credit for any of the hard work. My wife did %98 of the job. And your right, the end result is a feeling that makes it all worth it.

dlcw
10-01-2014, 02:42 PM
I've found the smile of a child and the moment they go "Ah, Ha! I got it" is the most incredible reward I get doing volunteer work.

Volunteer work has rewarding me in ways no paying job ever could.

Great work and my hat's off to you and your wife for such a wonderful thing you are doing! :)