PDA

View Full Version : Scanning into Aspire

Simops
11-13-2014, 10:46 PM
Guys,

Have some full size scroll saw plans......would like to scan and import into Aspire to cut out. What's the best way to do this? Tried scanning into JPEG but was a mess when I imported into Aspire.......maybe I'm doing something wrong.....my scanner will only save in either PDF or JPEG

Cheers

myxpykalix
11-14-2014, 01:29 AM
http://support.vectric.com/aspire-questions/item/what-vector-file-formats-can-be-imported

Google is your friend:D

scottp55
11-14-2014, 02:59 AM
Michael, Did you make sure .jpg compression level was set at minimum for best quality, B&W,play with contrast/brightness, dust removal set to minimum and somewhere around 300-400 DPI?
I just use a free viewer(Irfanview) usually to convert to .bmp or whatever(lose the .jpg as soon as you can) and the play with image until I get best contrast. Other free graphics programs are much more powerful, but I can usually get something usable. I've started tossing a thin stainless 6" jewellers rule on the scanner at the same time to make it easier to scale once I pull it into VCP.
You've probably already done all this though,
best,
scott

adrianm
11-14-2014, 04:23 AM
I'm surprised the scanner only offers PDF or JPG. Whenever I'm scanning drawings with mine I use the TIF format which works great for that type of thing.

As Scott says the issue with the JPG is almost certainly compression. Most programs default to a quality setting of about 80% which isn't ideal for crisp lines.

Simops
11-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Thanks For your tips Guys.....it seems I'll have to dig deeper!!!!

Cheers