PDA

View Full Version : INDEXER CAMP 04 at Marshall's Millwork

gene@marshallsmillwork.com
07-28-2004, 06:11 PM
We will be hosting a camp on OCT. 29

starting at around 10:00 and going till 5:00 or so.

This will be mostly for the shopbotters who are interested in using the indexer.

We will be covering design of a turning as well as the woodworking skills to manufacture these types of items.

Last year we were fortunate enough to have a rep from WEST SYSTEMS epoxies here. I will see if he is available again.

Our shop is on the jersey shore.
our address is 737 howe st. Pt. Pleasant Nj 08742
you can look us up on www.mapquest.com (http://www.mapquest.com)

Please let us know you are coming so we can be prepared.
Those who came last year had a good time, All are welcome

thanks
Gene Marshall

davidallen
08-10-2004, 08:54 PM
will this be in conflict with the programming workshop?

jay
08-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Gene,

I am looking forward to indexer session especially the design of a turning.

08-12-2004, 01:41 PM
yes Dave, this will conflict with the programming camp.

however, that programing camp is not about standard programming.

I am not sure of the details, but those attending that event should contact bill or ted to learn more.

jay
08-21-2004, 04:43 PM
Gene, Have you established an agenda as yet for the Oct 29th Indexer camp?

I hope you will be spending a fair amount of time on the design of pieces and hands on turning of pieces on the indexer. I have had my indexer for over a year now but have been too busy to set time aside to set it up, so information on ways to set up the indexer will also be appreciated.

08-27-2004, 02:15 PM
yes Jay,
I will be spending alot more time on programming.
we use ARTCAM so this will be our focus.

artcam allows for a "ring" to be created from a flat file,allowing the user unlimited design possibilities. such as matching existing turnings, or coordinating the profiles between the columns and moldings.

artcam also "unwraps" true 3d models. allowing the user to take statuary or just about any 3d file(.stl, .3ds, .3dm, .dxf) and creat a .rlf(artcam part) to then create a .sbp to carve on our indexers.

as far as set up goes, I prefer the indexer parallel to the X axis and the Amotor switched with the Y motor.
most often I convert the value to a number that corresponds to degree units as opposed to inches.

We should have 2 indexers running that day.
I am trying to carve some new samples for the show.

thanks
Gene

jay
08-27-2004, 10:11 PM
FANTASTIC. Gene, I also use artcam. I am really looking forward to your sessions.

I am wondering if you will have some catalogues available from the bit suppliers you use.