PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to Vcarve 7.508

dstacey
12-18-2014, 09:18 AM
I just upgraded to Vcarve 7.508 and I am running SB version 3.6.36.

I am having a problem with the Z level. I have the safe z on SB3 set at 1" but the first part files I have run with the new vcarve seem to be cutting about an inch above the table. I found the Z start position in the new Vcarve program defaulted to 1.075 and raid z gaps were set to z1=.2" z2=.2".

Any suggestions or theory on where these variables are supposed to be set at? I wondered if I should set the Z start to 0, but the software will not allow that.

Thank you,
Dave

jerry_stanek
12-18-2014, 09:30 AM
In your V carve where are you zeroing to the top of the material or the bottom. It sounds like maybe V carve is set to zero to the bottom or spoil board and you are zeroing to the top of the material

dstacey
12-18-2014, 09:54 AM
I think I have it set to the top of the material. I have attached a picture of the settings.

adrianm
12-18-2014, 10:37 AM
You've got VCarve set so that Z zero is on top of the material from the settings but is that where you're setting the Z Zero with SB3?

If you do an MZ,0 does the bit end up right on top of the material?

There's nothing to do with upgrading VCarve versions that should be causing an error like that.

VCarve doesn't know about the SB3 Safe Z (unless you have a modified Post Processor). The Home/Start Z is the equivalent of that. The Clearance (Z1) should be set high enough to clear clamps etc when moving between parts of a cut and Plunge (Z2) is the height that you want a rapid Z move to stop before switching over to the move rate.

dstacey
12-18-2014, 11:03 AM
I have set the z zero on top of the material in SB3 with a z-zero plate. This has always been my standard pactice.

dstacey
12-19-2014, 06:59 PM
I spoke with Jeremy at SB, he was very helpful. We're going again.
Thanks everyone.

adrianm
12-20-2014, 04:25 AM
For future reference what was the problem in the end?