PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Camp Shopbot !!!

billp
02-24-2008, 05:35 PM
On Saturday May 31st, 2008 we’ll be holding a Camp Shopbot in Washburn, MO !!!
Ed Harrall will be our host at Southwest High School, which is on Highway 90 West.
According to Ed- “My school is in Southwest Missouri in the town of Washburn Missouri. About
80 miles from Springfield Missouri 80 from Joplin Missouri and 45 miles from Fayetteville, Arkansas.
60 miles from Branson, Missouri.” ( And looking at the attached map within driving distance of many other places as well.....)

We’ll be posting more info on this Camp in the next few weeks. If you have any specific questions you can contact us at- campshopbot@shopbottools.com (mailto:campshopbot@shopbottools.com)

Here's a large scale map of Washburn,MO.

billp
04-24-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm starting to get calls from people who are planning to attend this one. If you haven't done so already, please get back with Ed, or myself at the following address( we're getting hammered with spam in the mailbox listed above...)
campshopbot@gmail.com (mailto:campshopbot@gmail.com) and let us know of your plans to attend.
We'll be covering what have become the most frequently asked about topics;
Vacuum tables, pods/pucks
Software options
3D carving and files
Digitizing and scanning
Sign making
Boat building, etc., etc.
Shopbot as a business
We're also hoping that people will bring in some of THEIR work as well, since this is one of the major reasons for holding a Camp; "Show and Tell".
If it's too large to fit in your vehicle, take pictures...

jeffp
04-24-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm in. What hotel is a good choice?

hh_woodworking
04-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Jeff,
Not sure where you are coming in from but there is a Super 8 Motel in Cassville Mo about 7 miles from Washburn. It is nice about 3 years old.
Ed Harrall

jeffp
04-28-2008, 10:55 AM
I will be coming down through Lake of the Ozarks (dropping off the wife and kids there). I will call the Super 8 and make reservations.
What time do these ordinarily start and how long do they go?

billp
04-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Jeff,
Most Camps start with a coffee/donut session between 8-9 AM, and then the actual sessions go from about 9-4PM

billp
05-20-2008, 09:43 AM
With little more than a week to go we are still getting notes from Shopbotters planning to attend this Camp, but from experience we know that there are still some people who tend to wait until the last minute ( and in this case the upcoming holiday may also distract people a bit). If you plan to attend the Camp PLEASE drop me a note as soon as you can so we'll have a reasonably accurate head count for preparations. The e-mail address again is- campshopbot "at" gmail.com Thanks!

curtiss
05-20-2008, 03:53 PM
So the school/ Bot is located in what
part of the Washburn ??
What machine do they have ??

thanks,
cj

billp
05-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Curtis,
This is a map I got from Google. Obviously you might want to get directions from your location and double check this. I'll have to let Ed fill us in on the equipment he is running at the school.

hh_woodworking
05-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Curtis,
Thanks for the Laugh!
Washburn is only about a population of 300 and there is not much in town. Post Office, Bank and Gas Station. From Hwy 37 turn west on Hwy 90 Just passed the Church of Christ turn right on gravel drive way follow signs to shop. We Have PRT 48 with up graded driver board. I also have indexer but not installed it this time.

curtiss
05-21-2008, 09:59 AM
I guess that means 300 people if they are all home,
Maybe you can get some Shopbot balloons to help show the way...
cj

zeykr
05-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Open Shop

In conjunction with the Missouri Camp Shopbot on Saturday May 31st at Washburn, MO, Lookout Mercantile/Digital Millwork will host an 'Open Shop' on Friday May 30th at my shop and retail store outside of Rogers, AR.

My shop is about 15 miles east of Rogers, AR midway between Rogers and Eureka Springs, Arkansas and about 40 miles from Ed's school in Washburn, Mo.

This is just an informal get together for Shopbotters and other any other interested parties were we can discuss or work on whatever strikes our interests.

We'll be here from 9am to 9pm or as late as someone wants to stay around, and will have hamburgers and hotdogs ready to throw on the grill for lunch and dinner.

Lookout Mercantile
21780 Rock Road
Rogers, AR 72756
479-789-2611

We run a 5' x 10' PRT standard with vacuum table and columbo spindle. We use it to make cedar slab tourist signs, do wholesale work for sign shops and millwork shops, do 3d carving,
make outdoor furniture, and what ever else we can think of that might make a buck or two.

This weeks projects are several HDU panels for a 'Mayan Temple' for a local scenery shop,
a vcarved slab headboard for a king size log bed, a couple cedar and sassafrass tourit signs, and a couple adirondak chairs if I can fit those in too.

Directions from Rogers, AR:

Take Hwy 12E 14 miles from the stop light in Rogers at 2nd and Hwy 12. Turn left on Hwy 127 (aka Rock Road) and we are 1/2 mile down on the left in a Grey and Maroon building.

From Eureka Springs, AR:

Take hwy 23S from Eureka to Hwy 12, turn right on 12, then in about a mile where 12 makes a 90 turn to the left, go straight onto 127. We are about 7 miles down 127 on the right.

If you will be spending the night in the area, Rogers, AR has a lot of hotels and is 16 miles from my shop and about 26 miles from Ed in Washburn.

If other family members are coming along, you might consider Eureka Springs, AR. It's a tourist town with lots of shops and rooms and is about 19 miles from my shop and about 25 miles from Ed's in Washburn.

Eureka has trolleys, so a car is not needed to get from hotels to shopping etc.

Local tourist attractions War Eagle Mill and War Eagle Cavern are each about 3 miles from my shop if someone would like to visit them also.

Please feel free to call for more detailed directions or if you get lost. 479-789-2611

RSVP is not necessary and all drop-ins are most welcome, but if you know you are coming, you might drop me an email at kzey(at)yahoo.com and I'll make sure I have enough hamburgers.

Map from Rogers

Map from Washburn

billp
05-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Ken,
Since I'm flying into XNA I'll stop by and see you first, before heading up North to stop at Ed's high school. I should get to the Bentonville airport about 10AM, so I guess I'll be at your place before Noon...

hh_woodworking
05-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Hi,
Looking forward to hosting a great camp tomorrow. Turn out looks great!
Ed

zeykr
05-31-2008, 08:19 PM
Thank Ed! Thanks Bill P! Enjoyed the camp and learned some new things as always.

signsbyjay
05-31-2008, 09:41 PM
Ditto to what Ken said.

Jay

hh_woodworking
05-31-2008, 11:24 PM
A Special Thanks to Bill and everyone that attended this great camp. I learned a lot and saw great stuff also. Several of you traveled long distances to attend and I thank you for that! Looking forward to another camp in the great state of Missouri next year.

Ed

curtiss
06-01-2008, 09:17 PM
I am sure that Bill enjoyed his trip to Missouri and also driving through Arkansas from the Wal-Mart international airport.... The armidillos on the roadway are so pretty this time of year.

Ed's shop had lots of cool toys to look at in addition to the Bot.

Thanks again to Bill & Ed.

billp
06-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Curtis,
Was that what they were? I thought they were Ozark speed bumps...!
I'd like to add my thanks to Ed, and everyone who attended the Camp as well. It was a good group, and I think everyone there contributed to the flow of information....!
I'll try to get some pictures posted later today..

billp
06-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Pictures from the Camp are now posted on our Flickr Camp page; http://www.flickr.com/photos/campshopbot/
The Camp blog is also posted at;
http://campshopbot.blogspot.com/

curtiss
06-03-2008, 08:05 AM
Bill,

That was armidillo pizza you were enjoying...

thanks again.

cj

zeykr
06-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Culture is moving in down here, We now call those 'possum on the half shell'

billp
06-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Ken,
Is that anything like "rodent de Rockefeller"?

zeykr
06-04-2008, 11:14 AM
very similar!

chiloquinruss
06-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Is it just my imagination or are Botters 'sick' people!
Russ