PDA

View Full Version : Marietta, Georgia Camp ShopBot 2006

ed_conley
11-26-2005, 12:49 PM
The Marietta, GA Camp ShopBot is Scheduled for January 20 - 21, 2006.

It will be hosted by AHA WoodWorks, Inc. at 4921 Canton Highway, Marietta, GA 30066. Phone # 770-928-6150.

Theme: At this point it is a General Interest Camp, but watch for more details posted within this thread.

If you plan on attending, please email Rhonda at rsluss@ahawoodworks.com (mailto:rsluss@ahawoodworks.com) More details to follow, watch for additional postings.

ed_conley
11-26-2005, 12:53 PM
We have just learned that Bill Palumbo will be a guest speaker at this year's camp. Please join us.

ed_conley
11-27-2005, 09:59 AM
If you have specific topics you want to see covered at this camp, please let us know as soon as possible. Also, at several of the more recent camps there were kudos on various topics and presenters. If you want to see a repeat demo/discussion on those subjects please get that in to us as well by posting here or emailing Rhonda at rsluss@ahawoodworks.com (mailto:rsluss@ahawoodworks.com)

If you don't plan to attend but have subject matter that would be helpful to the attendees please pass it along. With Bill Palumbo and some of the other experienced Botters attending, we can find someone to present and share the idea.

If you plan on coming please get your name and info into Rhonda as soon as you can. Thanks!

ed_lang
01-01-2006, 09:30 PM
How is this camp going? Will it still happen?

IT is a long drive for me but I am willing to make it.

ed_conley
01-12-2006, 09:46 AM
Agenda1.htm (http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/11096/Agenda1-10926.html) (19.1 k)

ed_conley
01-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Driving Directions.doc (http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/11096/Driving_Directions-10929.doc) (24.1 k)

ed_conley
01-12-2006, 09:47 AM
hotels-motels.doc (http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/11096/hotels-motels-10932.doc) (24.1 k)

ed_conley
01-12-2006, 09:48 AM
newsletter.doc (http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/11096/newsletter-10935.doc) (24.6 k)

billp
01-23-2006, 09:46 AM
I just wanted to take a minute and thank Ed Conley for all of his efforts, and hospitality, at the Marietta,GA Camp. We had about 35 attendees both days, and because of his efforts we were able to cover a lot of ground in that time frame.
I'd also like to thank those people who gave presentations;
Dirk Hazeleger showed us how to use Microsoft Excel to create cutting files, and then also shared with us some pictures of his new (and formidable) machine which measures something like 8'by 24'.....(Dirk even brought CD's with his entire presentation so everyone could have a copy to take home with them).
David Buchsbaum explained how he was able to create those beautiful speaker cabinets which were featured on the Forum a few weeks ago.
Bill Young did a session on the use of "Sound Pads", and how we plan to hold/judge our " speaker contest" at this year's Jamboree down in Durham.
Dan Dunn brought some of the best lithophanes I have ever seen ( pictures to be posted later).
Ed Conley was able to actually FIND a company representative for "Trupan"in the Atlanta area, and it appears that as a result the Atlanta contingent may be organizing a "group/bulk buy" so that they will have an ongoing source of this material which is rapidly becoming a favorite of anyone who tries cutting it. In fact The Atlanta group is now also considering a "User's group" to occasionally get together throughout the year and exchange ideas, and info.
Ed also arranged a tour of a neighboring business whose specialty is grinding custom router bits/end mills. It was interesting to see just how the process is actually accomplished.
I took some pictures of these sessions, and we'll be posting them on the Camp blog spot later in the day. Look on the Forum for a link to this page later. If anyone else who attended the Camp has pictures please e-mail them to us at: Campshopbot@shopbottools.com (mailto:Campshopbot@shopbottools.com)

ed_lang
01-23-2006, 01:47 PM
Thank you Ed Conley for having us all at your shop!

This was my first Camp and all other camps will have to work hard to top this one.

I also enjoyed meeting everyone there. I wish I had taken more pictures and one group shot with names so I would know who is who!

bill.young
01-23-2006, 04:22 PM
We've gotten a few pictures from the Marietta Camp posted at www.flickr.com/photos/campshopbot (http://www.flickr.com/photos/campshopbot) and will be adding more pictures and descriptions over the next couple of days.

ed_lang
01-30-2006, 10:16 AM
I recall someone telling us about a utility that will convert a .sbp file to a .art file.

If you know about this utility, please post where it is so I can try it out.

Thanks.

billp
01-30-2006, 10:35 AM
Ed,
If you use "ArtRead" which is a stand alone program from Delcam, you can "backplot" a .sbp file into an Artcam relief file. THEN you could work on that relief file, and save it as an .art file...

ed_lang
01-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Bill,

That must have been what I heard. I mixed that one up with the slicing.exe file. I'll now go and look at the cost of ArtRead.

Thanks a bunch.

ed_conley
02-10-2006, 11:40 AM
For those metro Atlanta guys who attended the Marietta Camp, the Trupan is in. You can contact Bert at Peachstate Lumber 770-428-3622. Or, you can pick it up at my place if you don't want to stop by there. I'm picking up some 1/2" and 3/4" today.