PDA

View Full Version : Notebook support arm / stand

harryball
02-16-2015, 07:00 PM
Since I bolted this to the bot, I consider it a mod! :) I found this on Amazon, It's call the Butler "Norris" MA-128 Laptop Stand by Indigo Maple out of Canada.

I changed my control PC back over to a notebook and my previous work bench was too big to comfortably fit (and I didn't like it there anyway). I'd also previously tried a wood version of something similar to this with my first notebook but it never moved as much as I wanted to kept getting loose over time and was bulkier.

I found this "butler" and decided to give it a try. The predrilled holes lined up with the slots perfectly, I just had to use two bolts with Tnuts to secure it. I've already run several hours with it, been great. Vibration hasn't been a problem and I love being able to move the PC up/down/sideways wherever I need it when changing bits, re-zeroing, walking around the bot etc... It also just plain looks cool to me. Like it was made for it.

It was about $80 including shipping when I bought it, looks like the price went up a little but still worth it in my opinion. The only things about it I didn't like were minor, it uses a gas shock not a spring, which is nice, but the tension adjustment is a pass through allen screw setup. Needs a knob in my opinion. Don't expect much in the way of instructions, came with pictographs. It's not that big of a deal, but they could have been better.

I think I'll like it long term.

/RB