PDA

View Full Version : Winter Garden ,FL Camp Shopbot !

billp
01-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Winter Garden, FL Camp Shopbot !!!

On Saturday Feb. 17 , 2007 we’ll host our second Winter Garden, FL Camp Shopbot which will again be hosted by Eric Lamoray. Eric’s shop address is;

Balsys Wood Arts, Inc.
930 Carter Road, #230
Winter Garden, FL 34787

Winter Garden is not far from the Disney metro area so accommodations can be had in just about every price range.
As with last year we’ll start with coffee, etc. from 8-9 AM and then we’ll get right into our sessions.
While we are still fine tuning the schedule here’s what we have lined up so far;
Ted Hall will be there to go over the latest machines (PRS series, 4G upgrades) and developments at Shopbot
Bill Young will talk about Shopbot Labs and other projects being developed.
Martha Barbor will discuss this year’s “West Coast Jamboree” plans.
A representative from Onsrud tools will be there to discuss your choices in cutting tools, and techniques.
James Booth from Carve 3D will be there to go over the concept of 3D cutting and file creation. James will also be available to discuss some of the latest 3D software which has become available over the last year.
There’s a good chance that Ryan Patterson will be there to discuss the latest version of his Cabinet Parts program
Our host Eric will give a quick talk on “production cutting”.
I’ll bring some of the latest ideas in vacuum hold downs, and fixturing
And of course we’ll have the ever popular “Show and Tell” sessions where we ask YOU to bring something to show to the group and describe how you and your ‘Bot created it. (One note here; please try to consolidate your talk and/or pictures to how you incorporated the CNC process into the project. Plan on 10-15 minutes so we can allow everyone a fair chance to be heard….).
All of our Camp hosts put considerable time into accommodating these events, and so we ask that you help us facilitate things with them. There is NO charge to attend our Camps but we NEED to know how many people plan on attending, so we’ll again ask that you drop us a note at; campshopbot@shopbottools.com (mailto:campshopbot@shopbottools.com) to confirm your intention to attend.This will allow us to plan for seating, food, etc.
If you have any specific questions, or ideas for sessions (OR you have a topic YOU might want to present) please contact me ASAP.

cip
01-21-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm there.

tomasz
01-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Bill,
I'll be there as well.

billp
01-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Florida Camp update;
Ryan Patterson has confirmed that he will be at the Camp to go over his Cabinet Parts Pro program. We've been getting RSVP's from prospective attendees for the last few days, and if you have not yet contacted us about your plans to attend please do so soon...Thanks !

elcruisr
01-26-2007, 07:11 AM
Well, I guess I'll be there since it's in my shop!

patricktoomey
01-26-2007, 02:07 PM
I'll be there with one of my guys. I have a couple of things to show as well.

bleeth
01-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Eric: My sincere regrets that I can't be there this year but we will be in New York freezing our buns off that weekend. Our best to Mary and Larry.

Dave & Karon

daniel
02-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Hey Guys, I'll be attending as well, however I don't quite remember where Eric's Shop is. How do I get there from SR 528 (the Beeline)?

billp
02-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Daniel,

I think one of the Florida guys can answer that better than I can....OR there's always "Mapquest" (which I would back up with at least one other mapping service like Google....).

david_beede
02-12-2007, 11:26 AM
I'll be there!
David Beede

www.davidbeede.com (http://www.davidbeede.com)

elcruisr
02-12-2007, 02:54 PM
528 to Turnpike N. Turnpike to Winter Garden, Colonial Drive, Route 50 west. Look for the first road on your right which is Carter Road. Take that and look for the first industrial complex on the left which is 930 Carter Road. We're in the back of the first building on the left, unit 230.

Doughnuts and coffee starting at 8 AM!

bjones
02-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Myself and Scott from Woodcraft in Orlando (casselberry) will be joining the party

mikec
02-12-2007, 09:16 PM
I am looking forward to it. See you there.

nappy1
02-13-2007, 05:13 AM
Go ahead, enjoy yourselves. Get some Sun and warm them bones.
Just think of me once in a while puching the shovel and side stepping the brown snow lumps.

bcammack
02-13-2007, 07:45 AM
Well, I'm pretty conflicted. I want to come to the Camp, but I've just been offered two *really good* tickets to the Busch race at Daytona the same Saturday!

Arrggghhhh.....

Additionally, we're trying to move to our new place and really should be doing that instead of either the Camp or the race. It's a heady mixture of guilt and regret.

cip
02-18-2007, 07:36 AM
Just want to thank Shopbot, Eric Lamoray and crew for a great camp. Lots of talk, lots of give aways and best of all, lots of info.

Thanks Again

Mike

lstovall
02-18-2007, 08:28 AM
Thanks everyone at Shopbot and also Eric for hosting the camp. Great information, lots of fun.

Leon

billp
02-19-2007, 02:26 PM
I too want to thank Eric and Larry for being the hosts at this Camp. There was a LOT of information exchanged, and in spite of some unseasonable Florida weather (as in ice on our windshields in the AM !) we had a great turnout.
Some of us even had time to make quick visits to the Rodent kingdom as well.....
We'll be posting some more Camp pix in the next day or two, so stay tuned...

billp
02-19-2007, 04:39 PM
The pictures from the Winter Garden/Orlando Camp have been posted on the Shopbot Flickr page;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/campshopbot/sets/72157594545153506/

gene
02-19-2007, 11:54 PM
Hey Bill.
I LOVE THE HAT It fits you Great ...

myxpykalix
02-20-2007, 01:13 AM
I've always heard Bill was something of a wizard when it comes to the shopbot, i guess this just confirms it!

billp
02-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Gene/Jack,
WHAT hat?
That's part of my new uniform. Stay tuned for CNCwizard.com my new web page for scanning and digitizing services which I will launch officially once I am off the road for a little while...

gene
02-20-2007, 11:54 PM
Trust me Bill, Its definately time to ask for that raise!!!!!

bjones
02-21-2007, 12:12 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to Bill, Ted and Eric for a great camp.. it was also great to meet so many local shopbotters! Being a relative rookie to all this the camp gave us the motivation to tackle vacuum this evening! By the time we were done we had a 4 zone single Fein Turbo III based vacuum table working like a champ.

Thanks again, nice to have a community shoulder to lean on when you need it like this.. something you wouldn't get with 'big iron' as Eric put it.

/brian

elcruisr
02-21-2007, 06:59 AM
Glad that all had a good time. But then with free coffee, donuts and pizza how can you miss?

bcammack
02-21-2007, 07:52 AM
There was PIZZA??? grumble, grumble, grumble...

Seriously, it was a tough choice between the camp and the Busch race at Daytona, but seats on the top row of Keech tower looking down on the pit exit was just too hard to pass up. Maybe next year...