PDA

View Full Version : My first Sign and table top

Crypto
04-16-2015, 12:21 AM
Hey all! Just wanted to say hello! I have been viewing the fourm's for a while now and finally got my own ShopBot. But I do have to mention that all the posts I have seen here are some pretty amazing stuff, I hope with practice I can live up to the standards.

With that said here is my first attempt at Making a sign for a local Chinese buffet and a Table top I made for my self for my current Job.
Thanks!

Wood: Poplar
Stained: Cherry
Sealed Treated: Polycrylic
Hand Painted by Audra

24781 24782

Xray
04-16-2015, 01:51 AM
Nice job - On the C-130 looks like you may be going just a bit too deep and loosing detail on the lettering.
Font looks like standard new times roman which is a good font for this type of work. Preference is a factor too, I like maximum detail over depth and so often I'll just scratch the surface with the smaller lettering while you can go deeper for larger lettering. But when you get to the point when o's and d's ect are being filled or close to it, time to come up with another approach.

scottp55
04-16-2015, 07:00 AM
Gary,
I'd say you're off to an EXCELLENT start!!! :)
Welcome!
You just haven't seen many of our Miss Steaks!!!:)
Good Work!
scott

dlcw
04-16-2015, 12:05 PM
Gary, are you a Coastie?

Crypto
04-16-2015, 07:40 PM
I agree the letters were cut too deep, and a lot of the centers of the numbers chipped out too :( However they all still liked it and were still trying to find a piece of glass to cover it.

And yes Don I am currently a Coastie getting close to retirement.