PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Northwest Camp ShopBot in Keslo, WA

Camp ShopBot
05-22-2015, 10:49 AM
We'd like to announce 2015's Northwest Camp ShopBot is on Saturday, July 11! Yes, we are coming back to your area! :D

Our host is Cory Torppa who is the CAD/Construction teacher at Kelso High School in Kelso, WA, just off i-5. (A map with parking information and further details will be emailed out 1 week prior to Camp for those registered.)

Register here- NORTHWEST CAMP SHOPBOT (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-RnxKqd5KhB_u33kTfE-v2_lx0HGAXlamGtJaLDXl-g/viewform)

Camp ShopBots are a great way to meet other ShopBot users, to learn new techniques, and share tips on pushing your machine (and yourself!) to new levels. Camps feature topic-based presentations, a Show and Tell session that anyone can participate in, and good conversation.

Schedule: Saturday, July 11, 2015
8:30-9am: Meet & Greet with light refreshments
9am-noon: Morning presentations
Noon-1pm: Lunch
1pm-4pm: Afternoon presentations
Camps usually end between 4-5pm.

Camps are FREE to attend and lunch is included. They are intended for all ages and skill levels. Teachers and their students are highly encouraged to attend!

*AND REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR PROJECTS FOR THE SHOW AND TELL SESSION! Whether it is a ShopBot-made jig, test piece, prototype for a new product about to launch or sculpture piece, you are encouraged to bring a ShopBot-made project. It is always interesting to see in-person all the techniques for which a ShopBot can be used.

Camp ShopBot
05-28-2015, 10:43 AM
QUICK UPDATE: We are working with our host and the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction's Skilled and Technical Sciences Program Supervisor to have this Camp count towards teacher learning credits- Inservice Education for teachers.

Stay tuned for further information!

kubotaman
06-06-2015, 12:54 AM
I'll be there!

Camp ShopBot
06-15-2015, 09:38 AM
Already 25+ people registered for the Northwest Camp on July 11! And there's still a few more weeks left to register. Sign up soon!

NORTHWEST CAMP SHOPBOT (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-RnxKqd5KhB_u33kTfE-v2_lx0HGAXlamGtJaLDXl-g/viewform)

gundog
06-18-2015, 07:13 PM
I registered and look forward to seeing many of my friends from past camps.

Mike

Camp ShopBot
06-29-2015, 10:14 AM
The Northwest Camp ShopBot has been approved to provide 7 Clock Hours for Washington state teachers.

chiloquinruss
06-30-2015, 11:52 AM
Just finished our International Train Meet and am anxious to get back to playing in the shop. This Camp will be just the stimulus I need to get er' going again. Looking forward to seeing the 'gang' once again. I'll try and remember to bring some show and tell of the model railroad variety this time! :D Russ

bleeth
06-30-2015, 04:19 PM
Love to have the excuse to make a trip back to the NW but am already heading there in August for another reason.
I am worried about all you guys trying to find Keslo though. Lived in the area many years and never heard of it.
Now Kelso; that's another matter. Nice little town.

waterwheelman
06-30-2015, 11:22 PM
Haven't you heard Kelso is in Oregon now. During the senior high school graduation recently, someone noticed that the folders holding the diplomas, had the state of Oregon seal on it.
Woops. :o

dlcw
07-01-2015, 02:08 PM
Have the fires spread down to the Kelso area yet?

Camp ShopBot
07-09-2015, 02:43 PM
Camp Update:

We have 40+ people registered for this Saturday's Northwest Camp ShopBot!

Here are a few details:
Address: Kelso High School right off of I-5: 1904 Allen St. Kelso, WA 98626 https://goo.gl/maps/J50Na

Parking and Room location: An entrance at the back of the school leads directly into the i3 Fab Lab where the Camp will take place. When driving, just past the gas station there will be a road (Tom O'Shanter Way) and then a 2nd road (a driveway) that goes behind the school. Take that 2nd road, the driveway behind the school. You will come to a small parking lot. We will have Camp ShopBot signs up, too.

What to bring: A notebook or tablet computer is sometimes helpful at Camps to take notes.

Show and Tell Session: A great part of a Camp is the Show and Tell session: It offers everyone a chance to actively participate in the day. Floor space as well as tables will be available on which to place your projects. If you do large work or client commissions, bring photographs to share. No matter if it is a ShopBot-made jig, 3D carving or beginner test piece, having lots of examples really enriches the Camp experience for everyone!

Food: A vegetarian option is available. If you have serious dietary restrictions we encourage you to pack a lunch.

See you Saturday!

Amock
07-13-2015, 10:16 AM
Mr Johnson,

When can we expect to see our PowerPoint files you mentioned at the camp Saturday? I assume those will arrive via email?

chiloquinruss
07-13-2015, 11:54 AM
I took some time to get home from the Camp as I drove down the coast. I just want to say this was a great Camp, Corey and Randy put on a very nice meet and greet. The facilities were excellent and Corey has a lot to be proud of, that is one fo the finest wood shops I've been in and it was at a High School! Thanks again to ShopBot for putting on these camps and to our hosts for allowing us to come and learn from da' pros! Russ

Camp ShopBot
07-13-2015, 10:10 PM
Thanks for attending the Camp this past Saturday! Yes, the presentations will be sent along via email/dropbox link in the next few days. Thanks for your patience in this.

waterwheelman
07-14-2015, 09:14 PM
This was my 5th ShopBot camp. I was greatly impressed with the level of technical teaching that Corey has achieved at a high school level.
My employee and I walked away with valuable information. Thank you Randy for being so connected with the ShopBot community.
I had an afternoon engagement and could not stay for the whole camp, I'm sure I missed out on an excellent session..

Thanks again Dave.