PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10

exmarine
06-27-2015, 03:15 PM
Microsoft wants to upgrade my laptop OS to Windows 10 soon. I am searching for info about that - will my SB programs still work?

jerry_stanek
06-27-2015, 05:36 PM
Microsoft wants to upgrade my laptop OS to Windows 10 soon. I am searching for info about that - will my SB programs still work?

What makes you think that Microsoft wants to upgrade your laptop? They are just offering the upgrade and not making you. You can keep it just like it is the same as the Shopbot software.

Ger21
06-27-2015, 07:25 PM
What makes you think that Microsoft wants to upgrade your laptop?Most people with Windows 7 and 8 (8.1) are getting a notification in their taskbar to "Get Windows 10".
Wouldn't Microsoft always want everyone to upgrade to their latest OS?

Simops
06-28-2015, 07:23 AM
Sure they would like you to upgrade to 10 and become one of their testers! I still use 7 pro and I order quite a few computers regularly for my business and still use Win 7 pro OEM..... Skipping 8 and will wait to see what comes of 10 before considering it. Win 7 pro is still the most stable and proven Win OS to date!!

Cheers

tomhartnett
06-30-2015, 09:43 AM
The upgrade to Windows 10 is only available for a year past when it was introduced. But you could 'reserve' your spot as one of the users who got it for free while available. Microsoft will download Win 10 to your computer when it is available after July 29th, and then notify you when you can install it. I assume this also means you could opt not to install it and wait till ready to upgrade, still retaining your free spot.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq

-Tom H.

cowboy1296
06-30-2015, 11:41 AM
I too had questions about windows 10. Thanks for posting but the only ex marine that i ever knew of was John Murfa.

exmarine
09-24-2015, 07:40 AM
I ain't no John Murfa!

FYI, all my Shopbot software runs just fine in Windows 10.

cowboy1296
09-24-2015, 07:59 AM
After the initial windows 10 download i was not happy. None of this effected my designing. But constant and sometimes even slow reboots and the occasional lockup. The results were so bad that i did not download it on my laptop. But i have to admit it has gotten better. My control computer hasnt had an update since i plugged it in and i am still running 3.6. the horror stories of 3.8 have scared me away. But i recently did a large 3-d cutting designed on windows 10 and the carving went without a hitch.