PDA

View Full Version : Stand and cabinet for control computer

Keith Larrett
07-15-2015, 09:28 PM
While I was waiting on delivery of my ShopBot I spent a lot of time browsing the forum to see how others had set up their machine and control computer. I thought I might return the favor with a couple pictures of what I ended up doing.

I initially thought I wanted a desk to sit at, but it quickly became apparent that I would be better off standing. I had purchased the regenerative blower from ShopBot and after setting up the vacuum system I had some PVC pipes left over. Rather than throw them away I used them to make the stand for the keyboard and monitor for the control computer.

The cabinet to house the computer also has a couple drawers to hold bits and the other accessories for the ShopBot. It was designed in eCabinets and after the doors were cut, I textured them with the texture tool path in VCarve Pro.

Brian Harnett
07-16-2015, 07:44 AM
Nice, mine is still on the temporary table when I moved in the new shop, cinder blocks and plank, temporary is going on 5 years.

bleeth
07-16-2015, 08:09 AM
Looks really good-If you don't already have some venting behind the cpu you may want to add some to let the heat escape.

Tim Lucas
07-16-2015, 08:11 AM
Looks great Keith !!

Tim

dmidkiff
07-16-2015, 08:17 AM
Good job, nice look on doors. Looks like it will be very functional. It looks like the keyboard/monitor stand is just balanced on one leg.

Alex Naumenko
07-16-2015, 08:38 AM
Nice, mine is still on the temporary table when I moved in the new shop, cinder blocks and plank, temporary is going on 5 years.

" But nothing is more permanent than the temporary."

Keith Larrett
07-16-2015, 06:36 PM
Looks really good-If you don't already have some venting behind the cpu you may want to add some to let the heat escape.

I installed a fan in the back of the cabinet. It turns on automatically when the computer is turned on.

Keith Larrett
07-16-2015, 06:38 PM
Good job, nice look on doors. Looks like it will be very functional. It looks like the keyboard/monitor stand is just balanced on one leg.

There are three legs. One is bolted to the ShopBot, the monitor is above the second and the monitor is above the front leg. It is surprisingly stable :)