PDA

View Full Version : My new Buddy Arrived!

k4mg
02-18-2009, 08:33 PM
I just received my Buddy, and wanted to post a picture or two. I got the BT48 with a 4 foot PowerStick. I am adding two pictures at the bottom of this post, but there are lot's more pictures (in a viewable size!), and some comments about getting it off the truck on my CNC website at this page:
http://cnc.k4mg.com/ (http://www.k4mg.com/Hobbies/CNC/ShopBot/BuddyArrives.htm).

khaos
02-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Congrats.

myxpykalix
02-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Barry,
I bet you never thought you would ever again experience that feeling you had as a kid looking at all the presents under the Christmas Tree. Well judging from that grin on your face standing in front of that big box, i'd swear it was Christmas!

k4mg
02-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Jack,
I've got the grin, but the picture is of my friend Chuck, who helped me to unload. He's shorter than I am, and I was trying to capture the size of the crate, which was a real shocker. I'm the old guy on the tractor.

Barry

ed_lang
02-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi Barry,

I am sure you are very happy with your machine, but I could not let two things pass without saying something about them.

First, I see one of your pictures has ladder line in the lower right corner and another picture has the end of a dipole (insulator and line to the shop to tie it off). I picked right up on those details and then saw the buddy! HI HI.

Take care, DE KC4YLX

k4mg
02-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi Ed,
Yes, 48 years a Ham, you've found my secret!

I've had a small CNC machine for a while, but felt the urge to have a bigger one. The ShopBot was on my list right from the beginning, but for hobby use it was hard to justify the expense. Eventually I found myself making more and more miniature furniture, and I knew the time had come.

73, Barry K4MG

harryball
02-19-2009, 01:06 PM
I don't know why this got orphaned in a thread it's own but...

Congrats! The Buddys are great little machines.

Nice Tractor too, I find the JD 4310 to be a nice little work horse.

Be sure to post all the great things you are going to create!

/RB

k4mg
02-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Hi Robert,

The problem was mine. I didn't see the images on the other post, so I re-posted with an apology for dual posting. I then deleted my duplicate post, but couldn't delete your answer. Can you still do it? Otherwise I'll ask the administrator.

I saw your JD at your Camp, same model I think. They're great tractors.

I put many of the little projects I did on my cnc web page, but haven't yet done any new ones with my 'Bot, but I sure plan to post about them.

This forum and it's members are great!

Barry