PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting V-rollers on buddy table

kivimagi
09-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Good Evening,

Wondering if anyone has adjusted the v-rollers on their buddy table. The ones, that are beneath the table surface.

I am trying to debug a problem where I am losing steps in the Y axis.(I rotated my axis from the default)

I cannot seam to adjust them. One direction spins the roller lose from the table, the other will not budge

erik_f
09-05-2008, 04:41 AM
It would seem more the rails are not parallel than a v roller adjustment problem. I have not done this on my machine, but I think only one side of the tables roller are on the adjustable cam. If it is in fact the rails are out of whack, I would first see if the table is pretty much running square to your gantry by putting a v bit in the chuck and spot checking the edge of the table to the movement of the gantry. This doesn't have to be exactly perfect unless you use the edge of the aluminum table as some sort of perfect reference. I would try and find out where the bearings are loose and where they are not. It maybe possible that only one corner of the square that makes up your rails is pushed in, and this might be as simple as loosening the single bolt that holds that side of the rail to the frame and pushing it into the v roller and then retightening. Or, I would use the non-adjustable side of the tables v rollers as my reference leaving everything tight, go to the opposite side that has the v bearings on the adjustable cams, loosen the rail via the two bolts that hold it to the buddy frame, now adjust the cam bearings in as far as they go. Slide the loosened rail back into the v rollers and tighten. Now check for parallel between the rails...they should be damn near perfect if you adjusted your v rollers correctly to their "loosest" position. If the rails are parallel proceed to give your v rollers some small adjustment outward to tighten against the rails. Double check with shopbot before doing any thing so they know you are having a problem.