PDA

View Full Version : Looking for PRT control board

signsbyjay
11-28-2015, 07:07 PM
Looking to buy a PRT control board, blew mine up.
Need the original board not the 4G.

Thanks

Jay

bob_dodd
11-28-2015, 07:39 PM
Jay If its just 1 channel , I think you could use the A channel and change it to the channel in the software , also there are diodes by each grey Wago connector on the board , sometimes they go bad , not hard to change if you can solder , some of the boards had plug in drivers , if you have a tv or electronics repair place near you maybe get it repairedhttp://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26754&stc=1

signsbyjay
11-29-2015, 11:28 AM
Thanks Bob,

Do you know how to reprogram the A channel as the X2?

Also where did you get the parts, I need a chip and the socket it goes in, and I am sure I will need a few of the diodes.

Jay

jerry_stanek
11-29-2015, 12:45 PM
this would be a good upgrade for you
http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?22293-Shopbot-PRS-S-4G-Control-box-%28V-4-17%29-w-4-G202-Gecko-microstep-drivers-Unused

bob_dodd
11-30-2015, 08:01 AM
Jay www.mouser.com for the parts , I would try fill in sheet VI change B channel to X and move the stepper wire to B wago connector on board , if it does not move in the correct direction swap 2 of the wires in the wago connector(not sure which ones) to chance direction , also need to change degree to inch in display window and check unit values . the diodes on my machine were 1.5KE51CA 43.6 volt I changed them to 1.5KE56CA 47.8 volt , I had a issue where the lower voltage ones were coming into play and missing steps . more knowledgeable people on this forum I'm sure have a much better understanding of this , hope this helps ,

Ted D
11-30-2015, 08:25 AM
Call customer support and they'll talk you through it. My A channel lasted about two months and then it blew. Most likely there was an underlying problem like a short in the wiring that caused it. I'd keep looking for a new board, repair parts, or an upgrade even if you get it working on the A channel. Also consider replacing the wiring, or at least checking all the connections and for worn wires at points where they bend as the machine runs.

signsbyjay
12-20-2015, 08:48 PM
All fixed, sent the board to Shop Bot, they repaired it in one day.

Thanks