PDA

View Full Version : Lowering the speed

OLTPLAST
01-05-2016, 12:48 PM
We have a ShopBot bought in 2006.

The machine starts okay, works well but at some moment its speed is lowering.

We operate with a speed of 25.4 mm on the axes x –y. When the fault occurs, the speed showed in the control panel is 25.4, but in reality is much smaller. As a result the normal route changes. If I stop the machine from the program and give it JH command, the machine never returns to the initial zero point.

If I start the same program, the anomaly always occurs in another place. Very rarely the program does lead to the end. As a result I am producing more waste.

How long lasts the anomaly is different : Sometimes is like a flash (it just feels like a shock – and here the deviations are almost unnoticed) … sometimes takes a few seconds and here are significant deviations ( sveral centimeters ) and everything is compromised.

The anomaly occurs randomly, on the movement only on the X axis or only on the Y axis, or only on arcs (ie on both axes).

What I’ve tried :

--Restart – NO RESULT.
--I've reistalled the operating program ( Setup_sb3_4_24_PRTalpha.eve
) - NO RESULT.
--I replaced the Shopbot.ini with another one saved when the machine was working well-NO RESULT.
-- I've turned off any other equipment to not introduce distortion - NO RESULT

ASSUMPTION: the laptop is from 2005, the one that was delivered with the machine. It moves very slow. It may be this (one of) the cause(s) ?
I’ve installed the operating program on a laptop much more efficient, but it fails to see the machine.
Can you help me with a USB driver that will help me see the machine ? The new laptop only works on preview.
Do you have another solution to help me ?
If it does help, I can send pictures of deviations and of the problem.log file

Tim Lucas
01-05-2016, 04:17 PM
Check for loose pinions causing lost steps

OLTPLAST
01-06-2016, 03:31 PM
Thanks.
I checked and there are no loose pinions.
On the X axis are two drivers.
I don’t think it can happen that both sprockets to slip exactly the same time.
I checked also both drivers and they are aligned.
The problem still persists.