PDA

View Full Version : PW Software

superjez
03-12-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm working on a new project which has a combination of ellipses, curves and triangles. How do I erase part of a triangle or an ellipse

dana_swift
03-12-2009, 04:39 PM
To start with what you are wanting to do is perfectly logical for making drawings. However PW is not a drawing package, its for creating toolpaths, and partial figures rarely make sense in that application. However you CAN do what you are asking for. I just advise caution..

Specifically you can enter the node editing mode using the middle pointer icon in the row of 3. Then you can delete or add a segment or whatever you want to do. Be wary, as soon as you do that you will have an "open vector" which will then prevent almost anything else you will want to do from working.

You are more likely to get what you want using the boolean operators (two rows below the pointer icons) to weld, subtract, or overlap combinations of vector shapes.

Hope that helps!

Congratulations on joining us Buddy owners!

D

myxpykalix
03-12-2009, 04:40 PM
go into node editing
add points (right click on line)for example at both ends of the side of the triangle that you want to eliminate.
Then doubleclick on same line and delete.

Same principle with curves, you may have to add two points close to each other, rightclick on the line in between those two points and delete that span. Then you can delete the part you don't want.