PDA

View Full Version : Little bot project just finished

Tim Lucas
01-07-2016, 08:14 PM
I have been making these little racks for a customer and thought I would share - designed in ecabinets as a cabinet with blind dado construction it can be resized as needed and when cutting multiples will nest automatically.
Cut from basswood

Brian Harnett
01-07-2016, 08:32 PM
Perfect job for CNC.

myxpykalix
01-07-2016, 10:23 PM
Trying to figure out what it is...some kind of small wine rack?

Tim Lucas
01-07-2016, 10:33 PM
Trying to figure out what it is...some kind of small wine rack?

Holds quart jars :)

myxpykalix
01-08-2016, 02:51 AM
For what, moonshine? lol It looks to me like it is designed to have the jars lay on their sides and i've been trying to figure out what would you lay on it's side for storage like that?
It looks like a neat simple project that you can whip out multiples of pretty easily. Good job.

Keith Larrett
01-08-2016, 05:12 AM
Very nice Tim!

I see the tenons on the top and deck are on the bottom and top sides respectively. Did you have to do a flip op?

I haven't cut solid wood through eCabinets, just sheet goods. When you did the nesting did you just enter the size of the board in the "Load Sheets" section of the ShopBot Link?

Tim Lucas
01-08-2016, 07:49 AM
For what, moonshine? lol It looks to me like it is designed to have the jars lay on their sides and i've been trying to figure out what would you lay on it's side for storage like that?
It looks like a neat simple project that you can whip out multiples of pretty easily. Good job.

I like that "moonshine" :D - yes they lay on the side, some kind of sprouting deal for seeds

Tim Lucas
01-08-2016, 08:03 AM
Very nice Tim!

I see the tenons on the top and deck are on the bottom and top sides respectively. Did you have to do a flip op?

I haven't cut solid wood through eCabinets, just sheet goods. When you did the nesting did you just enter the size of the board in the "Load Sheets" section of the ShopBot Link?
Good morning Keith

No flip opp, when assembling it wont matter which way they are flipped other than closer or father from the edge, I left a 1/4" inset from the edge.

Yes I use add sheet and add the size of boards I have ready for cutting then nest it. works like a champ - I have even taken say 4 boards placed them on the table measured the combined size entered that, then where the edges meet I enter a voids - it will nest around the voids and I cut several boards at once.

Also on this one because the parts are small my dust collector wants to eat them so I prepare my wood a little thick, use tabs then after cnc I run the back side through my drum sander down to correct thickness

Hope some of this makes sense