PDA

View Full Version : Running multiple tool paths on one job (V-Carve)

Mr.Mediocre
02-04-2016, 11:44 AM
Hellos all!!

Im trying to find information on running multiple tool paths. I thought I saw something on here about it. :/

Want to run all my tool paths for a job. Multiple pockets of different size /shape/depth. All use the same bit.

Also, if I have a pocket within a pocket. Is there a way to have the deeper pocket gor straight to the material instead of the bit not contacting material till its gone through empty passes?

Hope everyone is having a good day!!
Thanks!!

Kyle Stapleton
02-04-2016, 12:07 PM
To the pocket in a pocket, Yes.
You may want to post your files or at least a picture of what you are going for, as there are many ways to do things depending on the project.

bleeth
02-04-2016, 12:28 PM
How to pocket in a pocket:
Create a separate toolpath for the pocket in a pocket. Set the start depth to where the material is after cutting the first, shallower pocket.
You can set up a pocket toolpath for all cutouts of the same depth but can't have more than one depth in a single toolpath.
If you are asking about saving all your toolpaths to one SB file then click on the file save icon and check the box at the top.
From there you should get it.
Vectric tutorials are very good. You should work through them.

Mr.Mediocre
02-04-2016, 12:43 PM
I tried saving all the toolpaths in one. But then when I run the job, it only cuts one of them.

Kyle this is the housing im making

Kyle Stapleton
02-04-2016, 12:50 PM
How big is that part? What are the stepdown sizes?
What is it made from?
What bit are you going to use?

Sorry for all the question, but the more info the bester the answer.

bleeth
02-04-2016, 01:10 PM
Can you post a screen shot showing the object and the toolpath dialogue when you are ready to save it?

jerry_stanek
02-04-2016, 02:04 PM
When you save your file make sure you have output all tool paths checked. To pocket inside a pocket I would do the deep one first the offset the shallower inside one into the deeper pocket by half the diameter of your bit. That way you are only cutting once.

Riptide369
05-06-2016, 07:21 PM
In V-Carve you have to differentiate between toolpaths that have checkmarks next to them, and toolpaths that are in BOLD. I falsely assumed that if it was checkmarked it was going to get saved in the G-Code file, WRONG. Vectric V-Carve looks at the bold selection state. Be sure to open your G-Code Shopbot Text file and verify you see multiple Toolpaths.