PDA

View Full Version : Table

kevin
02-09-2016, 06:47 AM
When i first saw the cnc in action 10 years ago .I knew the machine was a game changer .The table has 15 or 20 coats lost count is polished used 2k urethane the base is metal
Will deliver wed

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27251&stc=1http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27252&stc=1

bleeth
02-09-2016, 09:00 AM
That don't look like no concrete to me!

Well Done Kevin-Beautiful!!

scottp55
02-09-2016, 09:03 AM
NICE Kevin!!! :)
scott

willmorgan
02-09-2016, 10:01 AM
Very nice!

James M
02-09-2016, 07:47 PM
Gorgeous! It looks like a anchor on something that I can't make out from the photos. What is the background image to the anchor?

Thanks

Tim Lucas
02-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Awesome!!!

Ajcoholic
02-09-2016, 09:21 PM
Lovely. I love Mahogany, as you probably know.

Im interested in the construction - at first I thought it was from 8/4. but looking closer it looks like the top is thinner, banded with another molding and then skirted?

As a fellow furniture builder I am always interested in the details of construction... please :)

Also, how thick is the accent stripe set into the top? I havent done too much of this stuff that wasnt done in true veneers (laid up, taped and pressed to a substrate, VS setting in strips in a solid wood top).

Where is this headed, Kevin? Another boat?

dmidkiff
02-10-2016, 06:53 AM
Very beautiful. Like Andrew I'm interested in more details.

kevin
02-10-2016, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the complements yes its an anchor with teak and purple heart the edge was Spanish cedar no stain
Andrew to answer I used 4/4 for the put the inlay than took another quarter off using the bot in I ended up about 1/2 thick .I laminated to 2 sheets of mdf .the wood was pl on the mdf respecting the wood movement .The skirt hide the mdf I v groved the edge to give a line if the wood move won't show an crack or a line .I didn't use 8/4 because wood movement would might push up the caving .
This table was designed all material that can go on a boat .I'm not comfortable using veneer in these waters i learned a lot on the last yacht its brutal the dampness .It has to bee solid .the carving and edging ended up being a 1/4 thick
The table is at the ship yard board room i deliverer today the base on the 12 inside the top is rock solid was surprised no tipping will post final picture later