PDA

View Full Version : New PRTalpha96

mnaughton
01-30-2007, 10:48 AM
We are very excited to be taking delivery tomorrow on our new PRTalpha96 at the high school I teach at. We will use it in Tech Ed, woods, and Drafting classes. I have been lurking around the forum for weeks and have read a lot of great information. I am sure I will be back frequently for advice and wanted to thank everyone for the information I have already gained.
Mike Naughton
Cary-Grove High School

wiese
01-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Mike and I teach in the same school district. I am pleased that two of the four buildings in the district now have a ShopBot. We'll have to work on those other guys! My biggest concern is that Mike will show me up and make me look bad
Stay tuned.

mnaughton
02-01-2007, 12:32 PM
We have our table that came with the bot assembled, level and square. We have the x rails on and are having a hard time removing a slight wave in the rail. The humps have been taken care with shims and the diagonals and ends measure up perfect. We straightened one side and are using the carriage to get the other as the directions state. The wave is between two bolts. The bearings just start to ride up the sides.
Any suggestions?