PDA

View Full Version : My CNC Cabinet

Simops
04-09-2016, 03:58 AM
This may or may not be of some help to others looking at a way to organise their CNC bits and pieces. This is what I have.....

I made a cabinet that sits on the wall next to my Buddy. Within easy reach. I had my bits shoved in a box and was always searching for the right bit. And all my accessories were just scattered around. I had enough of dis-organisation so constructed my cabinet.

Picture 1: shows the overall area showing my computer (attached to Buddy) and the cabinet.

Picture 2: shows the whole cabinet with the see through drawers

Picture 3: shows the router bit storage that is catalogued with numbers that relate to a spreadsheet of bits on hand

Picture 4: relates to this spreadsheet which is attached to a sliding board that can be slid out easily from the cabinet to refer to.

Cheers

barrowj
04-09-2016, 07:08 AM
That is really nice, I made the "http://www.evilmadscientist.com/2012/cnc-workstation/" workstation several years back and it is good but could use your solution in addition to mine. Any chance that you still have the specs (or better yet, the file) on yours that you would be willing to share?

Thanks,