PDA

View Full Version : Speed set communication error 255

jimzim01@hotmail.com
05-15-2004, 03:12 PM
PRT 60x144 v2.33 software
I can connect sucessfully but when I attempt to jog the shop bot (from SK), it moves only the screen values (at a slower rate then the set move/jog speed). When I move the X axis, input #1 flickers and "Speed set communication error -1" appears in bottom corner,"Comm Break at Ser -0 -1" will also appear. If I attemp to jog in Y or Z axis it appears to move on screen only and at a rate much slower then the ms/js.
I've had this error before and just through changing port settings "VI" and exiting/rebooting. I've been able to get it going again. Some times taking days!! I have yet to see any sort of pattern or logic to what gets it going again. We've had our machine for 2 years now. If I remember correctly this has happened with different versions of software, different computer running the software, and we've replaced the control box twice now (due to other problems). Same problem with different computers running the control box as well.
And now today it is doing it again. I come in to do some work, first thing I try to do is jog the machine and.....Argh! Please help

Jim Ziemlanski
PMNC

jimzim01@hotmail.com
05-15-2004, 08:02 PM
I just upgraded to v3. I can install the controll box firmware successfully upgrading it to 102. Now when I run the v3 software, the red ShopBot box comes up and this error greets me immediatly:

No Returned Value. Timer Over-Run

I click ok, get into the program and go for the keypad controll "SK". The shopbot keypad comes up and there is a small thunk from the machine. I try to move it around, nothing goes anywhere and after a bit of trying, another error comes up:

Run-time error '5'
Invalid procedure call or argument

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Jim

bill_thorpe
05-15-2004, 09:59 PM
Jim, Does your control box support the windows version of the software. I'm not sure when the cutover occured but if your machine is over 2 years old i would look at it. I ran into the same problem and had to upgrade. Sounds like you have serial port problems. Did you try a new serial cable? Any chance noise is getting onto the serial cable? Try relocating the serial cable, moving the computer, is the computer and control box grounded? (metal case to metal case). Sometimes its the most unlikely things that resolve these type problems.

ron brown
05-15-2004, 11:27 PM
I had some minor problems with the viewer. I changed renderer type with the VP command. That cured that problem.

Ron