PDA

View Full Version : Speed Controller

mark_stief
11-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Just installed speed control on a Yaskawa and now spindle won't start input one and four are lit up does any body have any ideas we upgraded to 3.6.10 and upgraded the firmware also

scottbot
11-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Mark

I bought one a while ago and still haven't got it working.
I have some ideas that I hope to try next week if I get time.
I bought mine to increase productivity and allow me to rearrange my shop to get better use of the space.
Unfortunately I've spent a lot of time messing with the Controller with no good results.

If you haven't given them a call yet try ShopBot Support. They may be able to help.
Good luck.

Scott

knight_toolworks
11-04-2009, 07:03 PM
I had problems with a few versions back of getting it to work. I had to replace the speed control file with a older one and it was fine.
no input lights should be light since the speed control does not really have anything to do with the shopbot.

Gary Campbell
11-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Mark...
Check to see if it is OUTPUTS 1 and 4 that are lit. That is normal for a file in progress with the spindle turned on.
Gary

mark_stief
11-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the help guys found broken wire inside VFD got ahold of shopbot to see where it went fixed that and we're back up and running but still having trouble with 3.6.10 we're going to try and wipe out the whole shopbot files and start all over to see if that fixes it thinking after so many upgrades might be a problem there has anybody tried that to see if it helped with the problems of new upgrade I'll let you know if it helps