PDA

View Full Version : Keypad troubles

knedert
09-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Hi Folks,

Has anyone else had this problem?

While using the blue arrows to move the gantry they freeze up. The mouse still works in order to close the Control window and restart the ShopBot. Upon restart, the keypad works again.
We are running the latest version software on a PRT-Alpha.

This has happened more than once, and I'd love to know how to solve it to remain productive! I checked the archives within the last year and found nothing.

Many thanks in advance for any insight to this scary situation.

Rose

Brady Watson
09-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Rose,
Does it do this when you use ONLY the arrows on the keyboard? You know you can move diagonally with the keyboard by pressing either the / key to got +XY to the right or \ to go +XY to the left. To reverse each of these directions (negative movement) just hold the Alt key and the appropriate slash key. Ctrl also works with this if you need to jog.

See if it does what you are describing with the keyboard only. If it doesn't, there may be something going on with your mouse...and my guess would be that it is on the same USB root hub/channel as the Bot.

-B

harryball
09-21-2007, 08:13 PM
I have had repeated instances where the unit stops responding to the keyboard arrows, I close keyboard mode and reopen (not the controller, just keyboard mode) and it works every time. I don't know why nor have I been able to figure out what I'm doing to cause it.

I've never tried using the mouse to click on the move buttons on the screen, I just click the X to close that window and then K and all is well.

Robert

Brady Watson
09-22-2007, 04:44 PM
For those of you having trouble with ANY of the functions of SB3, PLEASE take a few minutes to send an email to: support@shopbottools.com (mailto:support@shopbottools.com)

If nobody reports errors or glitches, then it is assumed that everything is functioning properly. It could also mean that something on your end is not up to snuff, and SB support can guide you on how to resolve the problem and get your tool back up to tip-top performance.

WE the users, make the software as good as it can be by letting ShopBot know when there is a problem. When you submit a problem that you have encountered, please provide the following information:

1) Computer hardware specs; Speed, RAM, if you are running a 2.0 USB card or hub

2) The problem you are having. When & where it occurs, if it is random or repeatable. Be as specific as possible.

3) The exact version of SB3 you are running. If you are not running the latest version, download & install it (remembering to upload the firmware to the control box) and see if this fixes your issue.

4) Include the following files that reside in your C:\Program Files\ShopBot\ShopBot 3 folder:
*Error.log
*Problem.log
*ShopBot.ini

5) Obviously - Your name, and the specific model of ShopBot you are using.

Every time you report an issue, it helps to make things even better for the rest of us...So in a sense, you are helping yourself down the road by reporting issues to Support.

-B

paco
09-22-2007, 06:08 PM

knedert
09-24-2007, 01:36 PM
I sent the following to Tech Support, in addition to their fill-in sheet about our machine:
--------------------------------
Opened keypad to move tool to Z-zero destination and the BLUE arrows do not respond to the mouse. Mouse still works on toggle switch for cut/preview and also on X to close window.
This is the 3rd time this has happened to us. We have found that if we close ShopBot application down completely and restart it, it usually works fine again.
None of this involves the computer keyboard - just the Shopbot KEYPAD.
===
I *just* tested something that may be help...
I flicked the toggle switch for the #4 Output OFF and then ON again. Then I tested the blue arrows again, and they work now.... Hmmmmmm
===
What could this mean? Any insight would be most appreciated!
Thank you.
Rose

Brady Watson
09-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the update, Rose. Let us know what ShopBot says.

-B