PDA

View Full Version : Step & Repeat

Brett Whitman
01-05-2017, 08:57 AM
I have a Desktop and would like to create a step & repeat program. I think I can reset my zeros and replay my program (RA, RI, M2, Z2, RR) but will have to come all the way back to the original 0,0, reset to the original zero, then go park before I can change runs.

Is there a simple sub-routine like M01, M02XY, M08 that will execute the steps, reset to the original zero and save the the extra back-and-forth travel?

Barring that, is there a 'zero set' command that does not require traveling to the desired location?

For clarification, the program is 'written,' not 'output;' otherwise I could make V-carve do all the work.

Thanks,
Brett

srwtlc
01-05-2017, 10:36 AM
Take a look at the FP command in the programing handbook. Basically, you'll have your single part file that does the part and a master file that calls up that file in 2D offset with FP and the needed parameters. Without really seeing what it is you're attempting to do, I can't get real specific, but it can be done.

bill.young
01-05-2017, 11:01 AM
I must admit that I've never used them, but there are a couple of nesting sample files that are installed in the c:/sbparts folder that might give you some ideas? Maybe sample_nest.sbp?

Brett Whitman
01-09-2017, 02:14 PM
Yes, thank you, either should work. Unfortunately I don't yet have the needed language skills. Also, plan A didn't work out either so for now I'll just have to do a bunch of typing.