PDA

View Full Version : SHOP BOT LOSING POSITION

fubrain
03-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Hello everyone,
When I run my bot at a good speed it jumps teeth on the rails. The speed that I am running isnt what Ill call real fast. Is this because my tenshiners arent tight enough?
Also when doing a clean out I noticed the left side moves before the right side at a stop and start. Kind of twisting a very little bit. Your ideas will be greatly appreciated

fleinbach
03-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Did you check your pinion gears? It sounds like ones loose. With the motors powered up try puching the Y carrage back and forth on one X axis then the other. If one moves the pinion is proubably loose.

Brady Watson
03-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Ross,
Sounds to me like you racked your X carriage. If the stop bolts were installed correctly, you should be able to run the gantry against the stops to straighten it....also sounds like your pinion set crew is loose on the one side as well.

-Brady

gerald_d
03-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Ross, if you remove the tensioners and drop both x-motors away from the racks, do they both turn when you give a command? It might just be that your "right-side" motor is dead and that the "left-side" has to drag it along. Which side jumps the teeth? Is it both?

fleinbach
03-13-2005, 03:38 PM
Ross

After reading Geralds post I re-read yours and I agree. What you describe does sound like one motor is not running at all on one side. I would follow Geralds advise to see if that's the case.