PDA

View Full Version : Outputs on circa 99 PR?

scott_smith
04-15-2005, 02:50 PM
I’m currently refurbishing a PR96. The inputs work fine but I can’t seem to get anything to switch with the outputs (SO, 1-4). The terminals that I thought the outputs would be on are all pulled up to 5v but never switch to ground. The manual had a section on inputs but I did not see anything on outputs. I’d really like to control my router power like I do on the PRT.

Any PR owners out there know what terminals the outputs control? Did the PR version controller have outputs? Any ideas?

ron brown
04-15-2005, 10:41 PM
As far as I know all versions of ShopBot control boards have output. I think #4 goes on when machine is moving. The others must be switched on/off with commands.

Ron

beacon14
04-16-2005, 12:04 AM
The outputs are a little odd to those of us that don't understand much about electronics. They require a relay to step up the output voltage (amperage?) to the level needed to actually trigger anything, in fact to power a tool like a router you may need a second relay operating at 120V to use the output from the first relay to run the tool.

There is a schematic buried in the manual that gives the Radio Shack part numbers and shows enough that someone who kows how to use a soldering iron can probably assemble the relay. I was able to cobble one together for my old PR machine. Now that the Alpha has built-in router control that's taken care of, but I'd still like to make another relay to control the dust collector. I can use the soldering iron but I don't know much about how to properly secure the parts to - what? What do the parts (transistor, diode, resistor) get attached to? Does anyone have one of these aftermarket relays that they would be willing to share a picture of?

rjguinn@optonline.net
04-16-2005, 02:12 AM
You got mail!
Jeff

ron brown
04-16-2005, 08:17 AM
David,

I use one of the small prototyping boards from RatShack - I got two relays, transisters, flyback diodes and resisters mounted on one small board and was able to stuff it in a small control box with additional switches.

Ron

rjguinn@optonline.net
04-16-2005, 04:36 PM
David,
I sent 3 photos to you @ email address on your site. Hope this helps.
Jeff

beacon14
04-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks Jeff & Ron, I'll check out the Radio Shack around the corner

scott_smith
04-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Follow up:
The answer to my original question was e-mailed to me (Thanks again Jeff). I’ll share the info for other PR owners. The outputs are on the same connector as the Acc. Motor driver. See attached.

Scott